Wammer
Sep 14, 2020
Vienna, Austria EU
AKA
Heimo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Please allow me to tap into your collective knowledge with a quick question:

With the LK85/140, does the mounting post the stereo Aktiv cards are to be installed on come with the cards or with the amplifier? I am referring to that one approx. 1.5" (3.5cm) plastic spacer that is screwed into the bottom case through the PCB which takes another screw on its other end to affix the Aktiv card.

In other words - If I put an LK85/140 up for sale without the Aktiv card, do I leave the mounting post inside or do I keep it with the card? The screw, afair, was included with the card...

regards,
Heimo

LSPC

LSPC
Wammer
Sep 19, 2020
Poole,Dorset
AKA
Lee.
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have had 4 LK85's all had the stand offs in the amps when fitted aktiv cards, I have also had 2 AV 5125's they also had stand offs in with the extension for taking bass and treble cards and they were in the amps. So I would think they come supplied with the amps unless I have been extremely lucky !!

• Upvote
Reactions: heimo

heimo

Naimless
Wammer
Sep 14, 2020
Vienna, Austria EU
AKA
Heimo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thank you for your replies! I did some more googling and found that all but one stereo Aktiv card offers in the 'Bay and elsewhere are sold without the stand offs. I also found one of the instruction leaflets that came with a card and it just depicts fixing the card onto a post, no mention of screwing in the post first.

The old mono cards (of Klout and LK100 vintage) however all seem to come with metal standoffs of their own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles