STOLEN!

hifistudent

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 7, 2005
Brighton or Newcastl
Hey guys,

We're always talking about our precious Hi-Fis but has anyone else also thought that and nabbed your lovely equipment? If so, what did they take? Did they leave that £100/m speaker cable thinking it worthless, or did they appear to know what they were taking? Also, if you have been robbed, insurance payout cover the full loss?

Just hope no one ever steals my Hi-Fi!

Mike

supercapman

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Bath, , United Kingd
AKA
Chris
Whilst living at home we had a break in and they stole 20 CD's and £40 cash:shock: left the bloody hifi
biggrin.png
.Claimed for a few extra CD's though;).

chezi61

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Fife , Scotland.
A couple of mates and myself have a bit of a reputation for being able to recover stolen goods from homes quite quickly. After the last person was caught and warned to stay away he seemed to ignore the warning and on a dark cold night was allegedly beaten with a pickaxe shaft.
wink.png

Needles to say we don't have any problems with the "smackheads" anymore , the bastards even cross the road if they seeany of us. Amazing the authority you have when these fuckersknow you walk the streets with CS and a duster.
smile.png

If anyone did steal from my house I would put a ballpien hammer to good use.

chezi. vigilante.

paularcher

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 25, 2005
Wakefield
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
it was unfortunate that one day someone sneaked in while my partner was upstairs on her own and pinched our Linn Classik and most of our CD collection-although some of the CD's were dropped in the hurry to get out. The insurance paid out -no problem and we had a reasonably up to date list of our CD's held on computer.

We were pretty cross as you can imagine and the back door had been left unlocked so were partly at fault. The back door is now always kept locked and the entrance to the back garden is bolted.

I replaced the ClassiK with Marantz separates, the amplifier being the pm7200 which was the biggest and heaviest amplifier i could find for the money - not exactly the best reason for choosing a system!!! but i thought if they came back for more they would need to have a small lorry!!!

I don't think the git(s) knew what they had nabbed as they left behind the speaker cable which have special Linn plugs-so would not be easy for them to sell.

I kept an eye on the markets and 2nd hand shops for a few weeks but no sign. probably sold it in some pub for a tenner

Polarbear

Old bear
Wammer Plus
Jul 24, 2005
AKA
PB
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thieves broke into a pencil factory last night and broke all thetips of the pencils.

The police said the raid was pointless
rofl.gif.57a0859802223cfb25763a5f876a4be6.gif
:minikiev:

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If we were burgled I don't think my system would be taken because they wouldn't be able to stop laughing. Call that a hi-fi?

{Edited for online security reasons}

Dynamic Turtle

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 23, 2005
HADOOOOKEN!!!!, ,
Well, I just keep up-to-date photos of my entire kit & music collection (along with everything else, in case of fire) on my pc at work, in case the unthinkable happens.

Anyway, most of it is so esoteric & rare, it would be easily identified down Bermondsey market!

Rgds,

DT

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
i don't worry about the hi-fi because it can all be replaced (i have nothing expensive and hard to find), but i crap myself that my music will be stolen. i really think i would cry.

it's taken years to build up, and so much stuff (especially electronica) just gets deleted and you can never find it again.

problem is, i am too lazy to list it all in case of an insurance claim or to re-source it. must get round to it one day. probably when i decide to reorganise it all into musical categories. which i have also been meaning to do for about 5 years.

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anthony wrote:

i don't worry about the hi-fi because it can all be replaced (i have nothing expensive and hard to find), but i crap myself that my music will be stolen.  i really think i would cry.it's taken years to build up, and so much stuff (especially electronica) just gets deleted and you can never find it again.

problem is, i am too lazy to list it all in case of an insurance claim or to re-source it.  must get round to it one day.  probably when i decide to reorganise it all into musical categories.  which i have also been meaning to do for about 5 years.
Cripes, I forgot about the vinyl collection! Now that would be devastating if they were stolen. I made an alphabetical list by group/artist last year on the computer and regularly update it and have stored my albums the same way (sad and nerdy I know) which also makes it easier to choose what to play instead of trying to find an album crouching down on my knees and looking at all the spines.

iann

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 10, 2005
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
chezi61 wrote:

A couple of mates and myself have a bit of a reputation for being able to recover stolen goods from homes quite quickly. After the last person was caught and warned to stay away he seemed to ignore the warning and on a dark cold night was allegedly beaten with a pickaxe shaft.
wink.png
Needles to say we don't have any problems with the "smackheads" anymore , the bastards even cross the road if they seeany of us. Amazing the authority you have when these fuckersknow you walk the streets with CS and a duster.
smile.png

If anyone did steal from my house I would put a ballpien hammer to good use.
That's Fife for you.
22.gif.36c040d5abb2096c10af791e63c73da8.gif

Did have everything stolen once, except speakers bluetacked to stands!

Sid and Coke

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 3, 2005
nr St Andrews, Fife,
Anthony wrote:

problem is, i am too lazy to list it all in case of an insurance claim or to re-source it. must get round to it one day. probably when i decide to reorganise it all into musical categories. which i have also been meaning to do for about 5 years.
There is a great piece of software for listing all of your music and other software here : http://www.collectorz.com/it takes while to process everything through, if you have a reasonable large collection, but it is well worth it. Once you've done the bulk of it you just need to remeber to add any new additions just as soon as you get it.

I keep my collectorz data base as well as photo files etc backed up on a 10Gb extrenal HDD that i keep in my locker at work. I bring it home every 3-6 months or so to update it. Storing photos, etc online is also a good idea as you can at least prove ownership of your stolen gear.

G

Had a :td:this morning,went out and when i came back ,it had gone:Upset:

mikedefacto

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
Liverpool
AKA
Mike
One of my mates had a Cyrus7 cdp robbed a few years ago... (his housemate left the back door of the house wide open) then he moved out and had a baby... and now having another baby so he's still using a bloody dvd player.

wow and flutter

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 22, 2005
Harrow, , United Kin
AKA
Mark
Back in the 80's I was burgled, and lost a Naim amp, Naim speakers, a Leak tuner and a Nakamichi cassette deck.
cry_smile.gif.e6f167d6925baafe229b8957ba771316.gif
Oh and the TV remote, because the TV was too big to go through the window.

The insurance paid out in full, but by then I was no longer single, so most of the money went on curtains, sofa and a Rotel system with what was left.

But at least it help me kick the :naimee:habit.
biggrin.png

W&F

barty

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 12, 2005
anglesey, , United K
a few years ago i lent a m8 a set of bose studiocraft speakers so he could try on his system. they were a good sounding speaker in its day and they were my pride and joy. he had them for about 2 weeks and when i asked if he had finished with them he kept fobbing me off saying just a couple more days. in fact to my horrifying dissappointment he had actually sold them as he was in financial strife. as u can probably imagine we are no longer mates and i never saw my speakers or the money.i dont even lend a spoonful of sugar anymore.

audioorigami

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Glasgow
AKA
j7
i once sent a decca garrot micro scanner down to a "man that does retips in england"

the job he done on my retip was very bad ...and to top it all HE STOLE MY GARROT sticker of my cartridge

no names but i never recomend him or his work

best wishes

j7

liamjf

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 27, 2005
Eastbourne
AKA
Liam
When I was a student the girl in the flat downstairs had a party whilst I was away. Some undesirables broke in to my flat and stole my Nad 3020e amp, a Phillips CD player and an AIWA tape deck. They made off with it all in a bin liner - but left my Rotel speakers.

The police found my amp in a dive a week or two later and I was gutted as I couldn't then get a good discount on a new system. saw my tape deck in a local "second hand" store a few weeks later as well. Didn't say anything as I had a new Sony one by then. The Aiwa was much better though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opensea0