Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is this a brilliant record or what?

Only had a few listens but is there a "The Wall" style story going on?

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Classik...yup. It's one of those that you stick on and think...why don't I play this more. (answer, because Im fed up with listening to "when I was young, I thought that life was so wonderful...", now I'm not and I don't!)

konig

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 26, 2005
Brentwood, Essex, ,
not into them. To me they are the kind of band that you can enjoy the odd track here and there. Think they have been TV advertised recently and I remember turning to the missus and saying that I couldn't listen to the whole album...:Dtoo similar 'sounding'

ClassikFan

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
rockmeister wrote:

Classik...yup. It's one of those that you stick on and think...why don't I play this more. (answer, because Im fed up with listening to "when I was young, I thought that life was so wonderful...", now I'm not and I don't!)
err. thats a different album isn't it?

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have this on vinyl and track 1 is damaged so need to replace it. Is it available on 180g?

I played some of it to my daughter's fella last year and he was impressed having never heard much Supertramp. Right?, right, your bloody well right.

Also listened to Breakfast in America the other day and that still sounds good IMO.

My memory of COTC is at secondary school when it came out. A kid brought it in to class because it was considered cool (iconic cover) and I remember thinking 'wow, what the bloody hell is that?'

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
streets ahead.
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I could never take Supertramp seriously - what was that lyric "Take a look at my girlfriend, not much of a girlfriend, I never seem to get a lot!"

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Strat wrote:

I could never take Supertramp seriously - what was that lyric "Take a look at my girlfriend, not much of a girlfriend, I never seem to get a lot!"
Crime of the Century is in a different league altogether to Breakfast in America. Anyway, Pink Floyd and The Beatles wrote some naff lyrics.
biggrin.png
tongue.png
wink.png

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
turnitup! wrote:

The Strat wrote:
Crime of the Century is in a different league altogether to Breakfast in America. Anyway, Pink Floyd and The Beatles wrote some naff lyrics.
biggrin.png
tongue.png
wink.png
Good point.

Sony6million

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
United Kingdom
I bought this cd after Audio Origami played it at one of Paul's bakeoffs. The first song I like a lot, but it never seems to stay on after bloody well right. I also bought Al Stewart Year of the Cat after hearing that at the same time; it doesn't really get played much apart from the fishing boat song occasionally.

notaclue

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Nowhere, West Europe
AKA
Duke of Steepletone
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cloth-Ears wrote:

Sony, I noticed what you said about the album featuring the Year of the Cat. Yes, most of the album is so boring I agree with you. I just wanted to support you in saying the title song is great - a classic, if nothing else by him was ever good. Now, I say that not because I am a cat but because it is such a good song. But you can also imagine a cat appreciating it, listening intently and drumming it's tail rythmically in time to the music !
I think you are just saying that because you are a cat. It is a typical cat opinion.

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think this thread has gone 3 ways:

• Is Supertramp's Crime Of The Century worth having? - Seemingly yes.
  • Some discussion on Al Stewart's Year Of The Cat. Conclusion some of it is worthy.
  • Are Notaclue and Clothears on this planet? Conclusion definately not!

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Having recycled my Supertramp cassettes I shall soon obtain a couple of their CDs as I liked their songs on the radio from 1979 into 80s. I think that I will think at least 3 or their albums were jolly good pop/music, infinitely superior to what has been released by most pop-sellers since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Creedy