Wammer
Feb 6, 2006
Oxfordshire
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
just came across these today, anyone heard them?

seem great value.

(especially the SA1500 series)

Sid and Coke

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 3, 2005
nr St Andrews, Fife,
TannoyBoy wrote:

just came across these today, anyone heard them?seem great value.

(especially the SA1500 series)
One of my favorite brands of loudspeaker, pity they are no longer distributed in the UK.

When i bought my current Mission 782 floorstanders i was actually out in search of a pair of System Audio (probably SA1500..) , but the dealer had sold their last pair a few months previous and i just had to buy something :Not Sure:.

Talk about long throw woofers, when my SA1111 stand mounts where on full song i actually could feel the air being pumped from the front reflex port on my face over 8 feet away ! It aided placement
smile.png

The Nordost cable guy used to use a pair for his demo's at the Scottish Hi-Fi shows.

System Audio - I like them ...

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
As Sid said, Mad Lars the Nordost guy used them at demos: heard some (dunno which model) sounding very nice on the end of an array of Densen electronics, they seemed to gell pretty well.

Boxer

Sid and Coke

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 3, 2005
nr St Andrews, Fife,
TannoyBoy wrote:

i like the look of the sa 1530, just with two 5"ers, will they have limited SPL?
As you already know, and especially when it comes to loudspeakers, the only way to find out what they will sound like in your listening room is via a home demo....

For me my Missions only have small drivers anyway and so it probably wouldn't make much difference.

The SA1111 stand mounts that i once owned had more than enough bass response for me. I bought them after hearing them at a HI-Fi show back in about 1997, they were the best in show for me despite their small size and the company they were in.

They were on the end of some very serious source & amplification though and alas i was never able to afford to re-create that sound in my own home, so although they sounded pretty good i never got them to sing as well as knew they could. At the Hi-Fi show i had to physically check that there wasn't a small subwoofer connected up too, the dealer had set them up so well.......

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I agree. Very nice looking speakers. I wonder how the 1500's would compare against my Dyn Contour 1.1's?

cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online