System Evolution - A Good Time Waster

sunbeamgls

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 19, 2011
North Wales
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Perhaps there was a bit too much time off work this festive season....

How do you get from here:

technics_rsm8.jpg

to here?

Main+System+20130204+(2).JPG

In main component terms:

5 cartridges

4 tonearms

3 turntables

4 tt power supplies

2 CD players

3 streaming solutions / DACs

5 pre-amps / processors

3 tuners

1 integrated amp

7 power amps

4 pairs speakers

other AV related speakers and amps

In 34 years that's not too bad - there are probably quite a few Wammers who get through that kind of box count in a year :)

Have a look at my latest blog entry to find one possible route, if you want to while away a few minutes of your precious time:

System Evolution

sunbeamgls

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 19, 2011
North Wales
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
:roll:

Ah the fanboy shouts. How imaginative.

Perhaps I should've made notes about the products I rejected when selecting the ones in the list. Then there'd be even more Linn in the list, it would just be on the rejection pile, along with the long gone LP12.

sunbeamgls

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 19, 2011
North Wales
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Like I said The Strat, lacking in imagination.

Constructive feedback and thoughts very welcome of course :D

I don't suppose there's that many folks who've documented their system evolution in this way - anyone else done so? Anyone else brave enough? ;-)

crimsondonkey

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2008
I can't comment specifically on your blog as I got bored clicking links to be taken to other links and I've a short attention span.

Does it go something like 'I picked Linn stuff because I like the sound of it'?

enrae8

T otally W asted A t T imes
Wammer Plus
Sep 8, 2012
Blackpool
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I owned a NAD 3020 in the 70's,i was very happy with it

I've also had Cyrus kit over the years and i enjoyed that too

The most important thing for me has been listening to music,thats what its all about regardless of the equipment you use

• Upvote
Reactions: sunbeamgls

lexi

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 5, 2008
Glasgow, ,
Nowt wrong with Linn kit if you can get for the right money.

Well built well put together and subjectively sounds very good.

sunbeamgls

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 19, 2011
North Wales
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I should've known better.

I thought posting this would lead to some interesting debate about the route taken over the years and generate debate amongst Wammers about their own "journey".

Should've known it would just turn into a brand slating opportunity.

Sorry for trying to do something a bit different.

crimsondonkey

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2008
I should've known better.I thought posting this would lead to some interesting debate about the route taken over the years and generate debate amongst Wammers about their own "journey".

Should've known it would just turn into a brand slating opportunity.

Sorry for trying to do something a bit different.
Well that didn't work then did it! Perhaps if thats what you were looking for you ought to have said (and not mentioned Linn - by now you know the reaction you're going to get; and not posted a link to your blog).

enrae8

T otally W asted A t T imes
Wammer Plus
Sep 8, 2012
Blackpool
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I took the time to read the blog and it was quite interesting,at times we have had similar kit

My own particular journey has been more peaks and troughs,sometimes not having any kit at all

I should think your current set up sounds very nice and i don't suppose i would be disappointed listening to music through it

I like the wam and i visit it most days,although i don't contribute a lot i spend a lot of time reading various threads

I think its a little sad when some people express Humble opinions which are anything but

Yes it is unnecessary

awkwardbydesign

Perfect, apparently.
Wammer
Mar 5, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I took the time to read the blog and it was quite interesting,at times we have had similar kitMy own particular journey has been more peaks and troughs,sometimes not having any kit at all

I should think your current set up sounds very nice and i don't suppose i would be disappointed listening to music through it

I like the wam and i visit it most days,although i don't contribute a lot i spend a lot of time reading various threads

I think its a little sad when some people express Humble opinions which are anything but

Yes it is unnecessary
:goodone:

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I always liked the LP12 and some of their early speakers especially the Kabers. My LVX and K9 on my Ariston 80 was sweet as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles