Wammer
Wammer
Feb 16, 2009
Bristol, , United Ki
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Agree, though I'd have a DS23, having had 3.

Comfort pleases longer than acceleration?

But it's a bit rose-tinted memories.

After about 6 years owning Lexus LS400s, I borrowed a DS23 to fulfil a friend's desire to get married in one.

Was a bit like driving a truck in comparison!

Suspension apart of course!

Though I guess I could get used to it again. There's a lovely one for sale in N-E for £65K; completely rebuilt!

Hint, hint, it's my birthday soon.....

recall that the USA never had the 'Swivelling light' version of the DS-or the SM, 'cos of laws on lights.

tones

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 10, 2006
Baselland, CH
AKA
Tony
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
recall that the USA never had the 'Swivelling light' version of the DS-or the SM, 'cos of laws on lights.
The US headlight regulations did for a lot of cars, e.g. the E-Type Jag's faired-in headlamps had to go, and many other cars with unusual headlamp shapes had to dump them for round ones.

JBCobra

Legend Wammer
Wammer
May 10, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Supposedly Tesla cars depreciate faster than just about any other car on the planet. Not sure if this is true? Have any of you heard this?

browellm

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2008
They don't really have much of a profile in the UK, JB. I think they look superb though.

JBCobra

Legend Wammer
Wammer
May 10, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I see them all the time. They look pretty cool. They have a distribution point right down the street from my office.

I would like to have one, but being a tight wad, the depreciation issue scares me :run:

JBCobra

Legend Wammer
Wammer
May 10, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Excellent question Mark. I wonder what the residual and money factors are?

Hornucopia

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 16, 2009
Bristol, , United Ki
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Too new to know? (Value)

USA must be the market (and Saudi?).

we don't have the space, though I'm sure a few prats on Canary Wharf might partake.

julian2002

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 15, 2005
Lakeside Wixams
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'd love a tesla. We do a lot of work with electric cars and it's an amazing machine. The ds looks nice but I owned a bx at one time and that suspension is great until it breaks then it can take the brakes, steering and whatever else out with it.

Hornucopia

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 16, 2009
Bristol, , United Ki
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You could try this one.....

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C452496#

Odd colour, but avoiding the age/rust hassles!

65K???Is it a Henri Chapron?
- - - Updated - - -

I'd love a tesla. We do a lot of work with electric cars and it's an amazing machine. The ds looks nice but I owned a bx at one time and that suspension is great until it breaks then it can take the brakes, steering and whatever else out with it.
easy to fix though, and rarely happens, if maintained-in just the same way as a 'normal, aka, inferior, car!

toobhead

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 27, 2012
parallel universe
AKA
Craig
Excellent question Mark. I wonder what the residual and money factors are?
The leasing program starts as low as $500 a month with 10% down according to company….sorta. That is if you factor in a whole bunch of intangibles, along with federal and state tax incentives. It appears as if the actual cost to least the new entry level Model S (60 kWh) still starts at $1,051/month factoring in only the $7,500 federal credit.

The residual guarantee is available between months 36 and 39 lease, and is for 43% of the purchase price. Money Factor ? cheap I'm sure to arrive at such a low payment....one catch >

The way the program works is that you "buy" your Model S with a loan from US Bank or Wells Fargo, putting 10% down (Tesla helpfully notes that "[t]he 10% down payment is covered or more than covered by US Federal and state tax credits ranging from $7,500 to $15,000"), and then after 36 months you have the right to "sell" the Model S back to Tesla "for the same residual value percentage as the iconic Mercedes S Class". Get it? It's not a lease. It's an agreement to buy the car on credit and then sell it back later to the seller at a prearranged depreciation level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Creedy