Comfortably Numb
Staff member
Jul 19, 2007
North Nott's
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just like to say a big thankyou to all that attended this year's show. Its been too long coming considering what we had before lock downs etc, so we'll done to all involved in organising, bringing kit, and coming along to take part in a unique show.
It's been great to catch up with many, and meet a few new faces. All aboard for April where I hope to see many more!
Thanks to all that visited me in 200. Sorry about the confusion with the kit list. 😬 hope it didn't spoil your enjoyment too much.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Spoil it? Wrecked it mate. There I was, all ready to take the wotsit out of your little standmounts and you go and rock up with those AGs that were just stupidly good :ROFLMAO:

What was that album on Saturday night incidentally?

Baggawire

Ain't It Funky Now
Wammer Plus
Mar 2, 2010
SE London/NW Kent
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
My special thanks to Julian (@bigrod) who was kind enough to lend me his Sony pre and power amplifiers when my own power amp decided to stop working on Saturday night. It meant I had to field a few questions from punters on Sunday and forgot how many times I said "the guy in room 206 knows about these amps, ask him". They worked very well with my NS1000Ms too so another lucky break as well as being given the spacious room 109 so I had the novelty of being able to place the speakers farther apart than I can at home.

Hint for Wammers attending next year with big speakers/systems - room 109 is worth a bid.

Last edited:

savvypaul

NVA Hi-Fi
HiFi Trade
Jan 11, 2017
Durham Uk
nvahifi.co.uk
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The show felt like a celebration of the revival of The WAM, and was a remarkable achievement after the physical, mental and financial shocks of the Covid years. 18 months ago, the forum was full of bugs and the future of the show appeared highly uncertain. The turnaround, in all respects, is cause for celebration, indeed.

Congratulations to Roo, Danny, 'The Mods' and the spirited and determined members who made it happen. Onwards, and upwards!

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I just wanted to say that I'm still ploughing through the photos and it looks like I missed an absolutely magnificent show - huge congratulations to all the exhibitors for doing an absolutely sterling job.

I'm definitely aiming to be there next time!

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
wonderful time and non attendees missed a cracking show.
didn't they just?

Ash (general manager) knows there is stuff to fix (like food), running out beer (they were warned repeatedly!!) obviously cost him so the big bar WILL be open next show :D

Whole hotel is the plan, we hope to announce the date before Christmas once Danny is back.

Please join all of the the forum staff (who give up lots of time for free) in wishing Danny and Caroline all the best for their big day next Friday @DUVET

kind regards,
Paul

Ady

Shoebox Ady. United by a love of music & equipment
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would like to say a big thank you to all of the organisers and wammers who helped me navigate my first wam show. Everyone was very helpful and I have had a fantastic weekend. I tried to get to listen to as many other systems as possible and they all sounded wonderful.
I will definitely want to take part in next years show ,it would appear I'm hooked 😁
Cheers Ady

orbscure

My God, its full of stars...
Wammer Plus
Aug 22, 2013
SE London/Surrey
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is the first opportunity I've had to post since switching off my system in Room 114 at 5pm last night... three hours to pack/load, three hours to get home and half an hour unloading... I'm absolutely knackered!

Having said all that, it was worth every drop of sweat shed... this was my first show and I thoroughly enjoyed not only the location, but a fantastic vibe too. Well done to Roo, the administrators, the moderators (and their better halves), the other exhibitors and their helpers, the hotel and its staff and also the visitors too... finally, special thanks to Ian/Baggawire for driving us there and back too...

Roll on the next show... and vive la WAM! :)

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
didn't they just?

Ash (general manager) knows there is stuff to fix (like food), running out beer (they were warned repeatedly!!) obviously cost him so the big bar WILL be open next show :D

Whole hotel is the plan, we hope to announce the date before Christmas once Danny is back.

Please join all of the the forum staff (who give up lots of time for free) in wishing Danny and Caroline all the best for their big day next Friday @DUVET

kind regards,
Paul
All the best Danny & Caroline enjoy the day it's all downhill from there..... 1664812416197.png

• Haha
Reactions: Bazzer and Lurch

DUVET

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2021
Middle
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would like to say a big thank you to all of the organisers and wammers who helped me navigate my first wam show. Everyone was very helpful and I have had a fantastic weekend. I tried to get to listen to as many other systems as possible and they all sounded wonderful.
I will definitely want to take part in next years show ,it would appear I'm hooked 😁
Cheers Ady

Well done Ady you have been assimilated mate. Musical choices were top notch too.

dave

incurable tinkerer
Wammer
Mar 24, 2014
cambs
AKA
dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks to everyone for a most enjoyable show. I didn't manage to get in to every room, but I did se some very nice sounding setups, and interesting and beautifully made DIY kit. And for me, some unexpected collateral benefit, I have suddenly become very curious about the prodigious imaging capabilities of my SMSL D300, which I hadn't really "got' so far, in comparison to my NOS CD player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles