Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You’ve got me at it now. I have a tempting px offer that would get me the Luxman for 5k Euro. It’s keeping me awake at night :)
You’ve got me at it now. I have a tempting px offer that would get me the Luxman for 5k Euro. It’s keeping me awake at night :)
Interesting price 🤔 that’s more discount in there than their margin

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm almost tempted to ask for a home demo of the Luxman L507Z myself, just to hear the difference from my Accuphase pre/power
Mac
Well I got a loan amp whilst I wait. As good as the Exposure integrated is, it’s not even close to the Luxman.
Everything the Luxman can do is completely missing here. Power output is the same but you don’t feel or hear it.

Iceman 16

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 31, 2010
Swansea
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m struggling to listen to my system now without the Luxman. Nothing else will do
@Rockchild Here Jon.. I’ll come with you 🤣

52923214511_86e9cfbd3b_z_d.jpg

nomore landings

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 27, 2018
Dawson's Field
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Hmmmm lux 507z loan ...i wonder ,........
If you do, deggie, I would be interested on your thoughts vs our 3 year old " antique" 507s. Personally, not going down that rabbit hole or I'll start upgrading my power cables in a state of paranoia😄 but undoubtably some improvement as Luxman don't do changes for changes sake, imho.

Reactions: deggie

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is all interesting about spending. I’ve always had a Hifi pot, it’s money I’ve made from buying and selling a few things and making a profit and when that has reached the desired amount, I can invest it in my hobby. Admittedly I was a tad short on this one but having a few months of waiting, it’s allowed me to save a bit to bridge the gap. That good is the 507z over the Exposure kit, it was a no brainier and the Luxman imo, betters kit costing considerably more as I’ve mentioned earlier. Perhaps it’s the combination it works with that I already have that sealed the deal but the enjoyment and satisfaction it will bring will be worth it.
I’ve always swapped about cheaper stuff as you can experiment with different forms of audio but when you reach this level of amplification, the box swapping has to stop. It looks nice, it’s built better that pretty much anything else and it sounds absolutely glorious at either end of the volume control. Role on August.

Oh, as this is built in Japan, as it was warming up and bedding in, I had the smell which was just like my very first new amp I purchased in 1980. Glorious 😊

hiesteem

peacebro
Wammer
Feb 6, 2019
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was reading up on the main changes made in this latest Z series and it seems the feedback circuit has been redesigned significantly reducing distortion to half of its predecessor. Luxman call it LIfES and say it is a complete re thinking of their older Odin circuit.
There are 8 large capacitors regulating the power supply and I'm not sure if this is different to their design in their older models, but looks impressive.
Then there is their new 88 step Lecua 1000 volume attenuator which has also been improved upon.
The Chassis looks luxurious too.
So that's what your 8k gives you.
A lot of upgrades and technologies in a new model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles