Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I am just listening to the end of my first LP for 20 years on my new (to me) Debut III, courtesy of Istari Knight. Very nice sound for £100 and handling the vinyl and lowering the tone arm just has something special about it.

The downside is that I know already that it is going to lead to a lot of expenditure down the line, a whole new world of upgrades is opening up before me.

I willtry my hand at a review in a couple of weeks when I am better acquainted.

Cheers BB

A

A.N.

great T/T for the money, proper hifi at a bargain price. i can see you trolling the s/h shops for new vinyl at weekends from now on
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

Shakey

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 3, 2006
Wallingford, Oxon.
AKA
Gavin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wow, I'm so pleased it's gone to such an appreciative home! That was a great price. Cor, I love vinyl:cs: (goin' soft now).

I hope you don't rush to fast into the upgrade vortex(?!) though, enjoy your records for a bit first!

I'd love to hear one of those Pro-Jects one day......

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A.N. wrote:

great T/T for the money, proper hifi at a bargain price. i can see you trolling the s/h shops for new vinyl at weekends from now on
One of the real joys of vinyl.

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
A.N. wrote:

I hate paying full price for music and love charity shop bargains.

Cheers BB

A

A.N.

Brown Bottle wrote:

Cheers BB
ditto.........

the only time i buy new vinyl and cd is at xmas/birthdays etc for presents for people, other than that, fleabay, record shops and retail sales.

ooh, bet the music biz love us lot!!
74_74.gif.e35fe9be22561407fdbfee747b876f81.gif

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
A.N. wrote:

Brown Bottle wrote:

Cheers BB
ditto.........

the only time i buy new vinyl and cd is at xmas/birthdays etc for presents for people, other than that, fleabay, record shops and retail sales.

ooh, bet the music biz love us lot!!
74_74.gif.e35fe9be22561407fdbfee747b876f81.gif
I attended my 1st record fair about 3 weeks ago, for the Grand total of £10.00 I got a mint second hand Elvis Costello album and 2 Brand new Johnny Cash (Rick Ruben produced) albums. Going to another one in a couple of weeks.

Cheers BB

istari knight

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 28, 2005
South downs
AKA
James
Glad you like it
smile.png

I would have kept it had my vinyl collection been bigger but unfortunately my Cd collection outnumbers it 10 to 1 !

Cheers, James.

Borats Baby

Wammer
Wammer
May 2, 2006
Boredsville, , Unite
Smashin TT BB

I got the 1 Expression.

"The downside is that I know already that it is going to lead to a lot of expenditure down the line, a whole new world of upgrades is opening up before me."

Dont go mad.. I only recently bought a Denon DL-160 cart for mine which is a great cart and really opens up the spectrum of sound.......
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

OOhhhhh "spectrum of sound" - not used that one before !

I bought the Denon whilst pissed upone night otherwise I would never have spent that much on a cart, Glad I did though !! much improvement..

Oh, and I bought a Mitchell clamp of Classikfan but tbh, that aint made any difference to sound, just looks cool !!

Enjoy it !!

PAG

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
Wirral.
AKA
si
Ahh, records.

A.N and myself took a trip down to Skeleton records this very afternoon.

Over the past week i`ve picked up 15 MINT albums, at a grand cost of £11
biggrin.png

Second `and record shops...don`t ya love `em
tongue.png

A

A.N.

i've had cd for about 20 years, and vinyl now about 4,

the vinyl now outweighs cd about 4-1, and i listen to vinyl more than cd. who said cd was the perfect medium? and where else could you troll for hours and get really good 10p bargains other than s/h record shops.

just wish that new releases were cheaper, the prices of new vinyl is a fekking rip off.

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
istari knight wrote:

Glad you like it
smile.png
I would have kept it had my vinyl collection been bigger but unfortunately my Cd collection outnumbers it 10 to 1 !

Cheers, James.
James - I am 100-1 at the moment, the reason I wanted a T/T though was that I started to buy CD's of records and tapes I used to have as a teenager but they never sounded as good as I remembered them on vinyl.

Can't wait to reacquaint myself with The Doors.

Cheers BB

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
Brown Bottle wrote:

I am just listening to the end of my first LP for 20 years on my new (to me) Debut III, courtesy of Istari Knight. Very nice sound for £100 and handling the vinyl and lowering the tone arm just has something special about it.The downside is that I know already that it is going to lead to a lot of expenditure down the line, a whole new world of upgrades is opening up before me.

I willtry my hand at a review in a couple of weeks when I am better acquainted.

Cheers BB
Borat I have bought 2 Debuts for friends, lovely lovely decks, in fact until I got the phono stages & cartssorted in my setup, I was seriously wondering what the crack about the LP12 was against this "starter" deck, shows a clean pair of heals to the £400-750 CDP squad to my ears. I was sorely tempted to buy the very deck you now.

Good buy indeed. I think the difference you are hearing even with such a starter deck is the spatial feel to music, sort of knocked my socks off with the LP12, then heard it again from the Debut. Which is nothing short of superb for the price they are sold at.

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nice one BB.

I remember my first T experience. I was lucky enough due to a bonus at work to get a Michell Mycro as my first TT. Had 3 records then, specially bought to go and listen to the deck. I'm now got nearer 1000
glum.gif.19305e5ca189352e84c85f8ec971e437.gif

I love looking through 2nd hand record shops, trolling eBay for ones and just enjoying the whole vinyl thing, the sound is just a pleasant extra.

You have a cracking little deck there, sit back and enjoy it for a while, no need to do any upgrades right now, just get some decent. The Johnny Cash ones are excellent
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

PeteVid

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
South East London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Brown Bottle, if you love a bargain get yourself down to a few Boot Fairs this spring/summer. Always pleny of vinyl to be had as folk sell of their entire vinyl collections. Market rate is 50p to £2 per album. Can't go wrong IME, good way to experiment too on sounds you've not heard before and if you like it you can follow it up with a CD purchase.

Jezzer

Passionate
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
My missus bought herself a piano black Debut III for £16. She's extremely satisfied with her purchase!

Ry Cooder sounds so much better on vinyl than cd (she said)

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
The Debut will be a stayer for some time I think, if only to maintain domestic harmony. My current set up is light years from what I had this time last year and it shall be music purchases only in 07.

I was telling a non-hifi friend of mine this morning about my turntable, to which he replied he had 3 or 4 boxes of albums from the 80's that he had been meaning to get rid of for ages. I wonder where they will find a good home.

Cheers BB

SSM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Tipoca City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nothing like new music purchases to take one's mind off hifi upgrades. You're sounding like one happy dude BB! Enjoy.
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

GJO

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2006
Kent, ,
AKA
Graham
Nice one BB,you will now be joining the old people who troll through there local charity shopssupposidly on the lookout for the old black stuff,but IMO some of them just go in there just to get high on the smell of mothballs;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichShortland