The Delays

P

purplepleaser

Is it just Chewie and myself who like this great band.

Their new album is out in March.

Faded Seaide Glamour is a classic but almost unheard.Shame

Have a listen here

http://www.thedelays.co.uk/

Lee

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
purplepleaser wrote:

Is it just Chewie and myself who like this great band.Their new album is out in March.

Faded Seaide Glamour is a classic but almost unheard.Shame

Have a listen here

http://www.thedelays.co.uk/

Lee
The first 3 songs of FSG are stunning to these ears. Sort of makes me wonder how bands like TDs can be overseen when bands like the Kaiser Chiefs do well. I bought it after hearing Near than Heaven once on the radio. An excellent album. 10/10 in fact, and the lead singer is as good live (Glastonbury on TV) as the album.

Now who would have thought you and I having similar taste in music eh ?
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

P

purplepleaser

CJR

hug.gif.6c8b62337c3c255c222bc063903420ae.gif

rofl.gif.57a0859802223cfb25763a5f876a4be6.gif

Serious head on now.

I love this album.I like theshock when you tell people who have listened for the first time that the lead singers a bloke.

I agree that the first three tracks are amazing. but for me track 8(Stay Where You Are)is the one that gets me by the balls. I put track 8 on at the recent Manchester show with the Emotions.Crimes nearly blew thedoor off the hinges.

Goodtaste in music by the way

Lee:D

Chewie

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
The Fens
AKA
Carl
Yeah, one I am looking forward to :^I see from their swish new website :cool:that they have actually specified the 6th March for the release date, which is actually earlier than originally announced.

The new single Valentine sounds a lot different to Faded Seaside Glamour, more of an electro/disco sound

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I have been away for a few days and have just seen this thread. I am suprised that there have been so few replys.

Honestly folks, if you have not got this album (Faded Seaside Glamour)then you should go out and find it. Can only agree 100% with what has already been said.

It does suprise me sometimes that people who spend so much on equipment (not me) seem to have so little opinion on what they listen to on it. The music section seems very quiet lately.

G

Brown Bottle wrote:

I have been away for a few days and have just seen this thread. I am suprised that there have been so few replys.Honestly folks, if you have not got this album (Faded Seaside Glamour)then you should go out and find it. Can only agree 100% with what has already been said.

It does suprise me sometimes that people who spend so much on equipment (not me) seem to have so little opinion on what they listen to on it. The music section seems very quiet lately.
Ditto:dude:

ray70

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 2, 2005
I bought this album a few days ago after seeing this thread :naim:.

Verdict? It's a top quality album from start to finish. Thanks guys - another £10 well spent.

G

listening to it on the website just now, not bad at all, dunno if I'll buy it yet, but still worthy of a listen at the website

P

purplepleaser

Try Track 8 .Amazing. Had Dave play it at the manchester show.The door nearly came of the hinges.
biggrin.png
. The drummer is well place ,you can tell he's in the middle and at the back of the soundstage.(even on cheap nasty Proacs).
tongue.png

Lee

G

analoguekid wrote:

bought it today in woolies for £5.97, better be good
biggrin.png
For £5.97 you can't feckin moan. As Lee said to me the hardest thing to do is to convince yourself its a bloke singing:shock:

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Duvet wrote:

analoguekid wrote:
biggrin.png
For £5.97 you can't feckin moan. As Lee said to me the hardest thing to do is to convince yourself its a bloke singing:shock:
Err, he can he's Scottish remember.
allrun.gif.2dcd1cfcd00feccff4530e9a308ebccd.gif
:run:
allrun.gif.2dcd1cfcd00feccff4530e9a308ebccd.gif

G

Duvet wrote:

analoguekid wrote:
biggrin.png
For £5.97 you can't feckin moan. As Lee said to me the hardest thing to do is to convince yourself its a bloke singing
nnot on my system, ddaa ddaa :dude:

P

purplepleaser

Just listening to the new album.:pI would have done a mini review but i was listening to valves.

Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles