Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2011
North Devon
AKA
As above
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Watching the comings and goings in classifieds since I've been a member here, it's been notable that some individual items get passed on with a degree of regularity.

I recall, for example, Vanessa the tube amp which recently changed hands for the umpteenth time.

I wonder what other candidates there are for the 'wam Most Sold Item Award?

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had a pair of AP Virgo II which I part ex'd to Definitive when I bought my LVs.

Kevin put them on his 'stuff' website. While I was up there collecting my LVs a customer rang asking about the APs. Kevin passed me the phone and asked me to talk to them! I can't remember who bought them but it was a wammer, He then sold them to Big Dur and I have seen them bought and sold many times since, as far as I know they are still owned by a wammer somewhere!

They are quite striking in birds eye maple and black

pmac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2005
Yes, Vanessa must be in with a shout. She'd been around the block a few times before I "had" her, and is still doing the rounds :love:

B

BD Audio

Sure did, cripes that was some time ago!

Hands off JB! :x If Vanessa comes back this way she's all mine!

B

BD Audio

Yea right, if you got her back she's be on eBay within a week with you trying to double your money as usual. :roll:

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There were a pair of black ash Virgo IIs that definitely did the rounds. I think I was one of at least six wammers to give them house room for the time it took to discover their 'trick' was exactly that.

Lovely in the short-term, but unsatisfying over time.

Don't know where they are now.

Brumjam

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 19, 2009
Birmingham
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Vanessa has been used/abused by so many mainland Wammers she had to go ply her trade in Northern Ireland.

AmDismal

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 22, 2007
What about the red Yamaha NS1000Ms, I think those went round? And there was Jerry's Chi-Fi OTLs that I had, they were great too.

Samantha

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 17, 2007
South Lincolnshire
AKA
Samantha
I have a Tube Technics Unisis with Sig upgrades which to my knowledge Steve has had twice, Tuff Bob had for a while - not sure where it was between Steve's 2 periods of ownership.

As she sits gathering dust in my office, I have loaned her to a coule of Wammers while I have had her, so really, if anyone wanted to continue her journey - I would sell on and let her start to rival Vannessa for number of owners (can we count Steve twice or is he just 1?)

B

BD Audio

Vanessa has been used/abused by so many mainland Wammers she had to go ply her trade in Northern Ireland.
I'd have her back and commission a display case for her, possibly suspending the beauty above our marital bed so I can admire her whilst taking part in other activities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles