The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

lazycat

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Dec 20, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I watched the 1st ep. - due to the usual insomnia.

Pretty good TBH. Much better than I thought it would be.

Downsides? During some of the action I reached for my Xbox controller thinking I was in Skyrim.

Well, I was half asleep. :D

mj446

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2012
Fife
AKA
Martin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
We watched it too, will continue to episode 2, but herself has best keep stumm during it, I don’t care what the actors name is or what else they’ve been in, at times I give up and reach for the headphones, to the call of. “I thought you wanted to watch this”:cautious:

Reactions: Signs and Batty

JamieMcC

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 25, 2013
Isle of Wight
AKA
Jamie
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Watched the first episode last night thought it ok. The casting of Lenny Henry felt a bit out of place but that's just my own opinion as a UK viewer.

mj446

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2012
Fife
AKA
Martin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sir* Lenny please, didn’t really laugh at him as a comic so straight work might suit him better, not holding my breath.
*No idea when this happened, or why.

audio_PHIL_e

audioPHILe
Wammer
Jul 21, 2020
The wrong planet
soundcloud.com
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sir Lenny - I did laugh at him as a comic so maybe straight work may come over a bit strange as I'm probably expecting him to say something funny. Same thing when I saw Ronnie Barker as the butler in that film of Winston Churchill, I kept expecting him to say something funny.

Bigwig07

Wammer
Wammer
May 28, 2016
Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The plot has gone a bit Games of Thrones esque - with lots of different storylines which hopefully will go somewhere rather than nowhere as in GoT. Even the intro music and graphics seems a bit of a GoT rip off.

Galadriel seems to have evolved into some kind of Marvel superhero.

I'm sure the Tolkien experts could pick many more holes.

But great to see a Dudley accent in Middle Earth.

Reactions: Strider

Strider

Show me your Fooses
Wammer Plus
Jan 16, 2006
Here and there
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I watched the first and second episode last night - absolutely blown away.

Game of thrones might just have a rival...

Reactions: robin

lazycat

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Dec 20, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sir* Lenny please, didn’t really laugh at him as a comic so straight work might suit him better, not holding my breath.
*No idea when this happened, or why.

Sir Lenny - I did laugh at him as a comic so maybe straight work may come over a bit strange as I'm probably expecting him to say something funny.
Well he did play Othello. 13 years ago.

Amongst other straight roles.

Do keep up at the back. :rolleyes:

lazycat

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Dec 20, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
3rd episode was rubbish.

Just watched (half) of episode 4. Just, no.

No likeable characters, except the soldier elf, and the director obviously told the actor playing Galadriel to act if she had a thistle up her butt, or worse.

Just dreadful.

• Haha
Reactions: Strider and rabski

efigeniof

New Wammer
Oct 15, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
So, is it worth trying? I’m not a huge Tolkien fan, but I did read the books and watched the original trilogy by Peter Jackson. I’m not sure whether I want that, but I’m definitely interested in this new series. The cast seems a bit out of place, but it’s not that terrible. The main question for me now is whether Amazon Prime is worth buying just for the sake of this one series. I watch most movies and series on https://www.999flix.com/series because it’s free, but I also have a Netflix subscription because I like some of their originals. What else has Amazon got?

Last edited:
Reactions: Strider

daveyu

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Mar 25, 2011
London
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Gets better I enjoyed it think the critics have been a bit harsh
Transformation to Mordor was great

Reactions: robin

robin

Good bye
Wammer Plus
Dec 6, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The giant, to the small folks, will turn into hobbits, has to be gandalf

Reactions: MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Watched the whole series week by week as I loved the Peter Jackson trilogy & The Hobbit trilogy.

I agree about the strenth of the cast being a bit weak and Lenny is just too familiar and not at all convincing I also agree with Robin the big lad will become Gandalf. I do like the young hobbity girl who becomes the big lads companion she is going to be a major player as the tale unfolds.

It has been a great journey so far but it does take a few episodes to pick up the threads of the various plots which of course like GofT will intermingle during the journey.

It is total fantasy so the need to suspend reality is required to get the most out of watching this kind of series I love anything like this and found it very entertaining so look forward to the next series.

It's a big ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️ from me!

Reactions: robin and mikeyb

mikeyb

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 10, 2013
Fife, Scotland
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Watched the whole series week by week as I loved the Peter Jackson trilogy & The Hobbit trilogy.

I agree about the strenth of the cast being a bit weak and Lenny is just too familiar and not at all convincing I also agree with Robin the big lad will become Gandalf. I do like the young hobbity girl who becomes the big lads companion she is going to be a major player as the tale unfolds.

It has been a great journey so far but it does take a few episodes to pick up the threads of the various plots which of course like GofT will intermingle during the journey.

It is total fantasy so the need to suspend reality is required to get the most out of watching this kind of series I love anything like this and found it very entertaining so look forward to the next series.

It's a big ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️ from me!
Your last comment reminds me of one of my pals at work who said he didn't like SciFi movies as they were too far fetched, boy did we laugh 😂

• Haha
Reactions: MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Your last comment reminds me of one of my pals at work who said he didn't like SciFi movies as they were too far fetched, boy did we laugh 😂
Yep ! I have heard that so many times I've even convinced people to try watching Star Wars & now they love anything sci-Fi or fantasy based it's such great escapism.

I've just finished a trilogy on Netflix called 'Divergent' 'Allegiant and 'Insurgent' respectively. It is superb escapism & I reccomend it heartily.

Reactions: mikeyb

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles