Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Playing around with the Linn App on my iPhone and iPad this evening, I discovered that the new recently updated Linn App now has many new features available, has more comprehensive meta data displayed and now displays album art in a much bigger format.

‘If you click on the bottom of the playlist, on the song that is playing, you will see a much bigger album art format

Click on the 3 horizontal dots, under the bottom right corner of the album art and you see “Add to playlist, pin the track and track information “

‘If you click on the “Track information “ you can see all the meta data of that track, and more features are available  as you explore 

‘The new Linn App allows you to assign pins on your devices.  Going into settings allows you adjust application settings, add music sources, contact Linn, privacy settings, app updates and other options

‘I think this is a great step forward

1660338222584.png

1660341783301.png

1660342645683.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jonbsbd

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’d thought most of that had been available for a while, Paul, though I hadn’t noticed the three dots below the album picture.  I usually tap the little bronze ‘safari’ type symbol to get that.  

And what do you think of this ridiculous label ’Weight’?!  Rate, or Data, or Bit Depth even.  Actually, it doesn’t show Bit Depth, which in any case is on the main view.  It might be handy if it was searchable, for albums at, say, 96kHz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Paulssurround

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think everyone is now looking for ellipses everywhere after they disappeared in our posts here for so long...

’troll

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I guess, I have not been that observant? 😊

‘Last night was the first time I have seen all of those features, including the ones in settings.

‘I’ve seen some of the options in settings, but these ones actually work

jonbsbd

New Wammer
Oct 15, 2020
The playlist function seems to have changed. I now have 2 tabs at the top of my playlist list, both say My Playlists and both have the same content (my playlists). 

Adding a track to multiple playlists doesn't seem possible now (which is mildly annoying). I really liked that bit of the app.

I can't seem to add the track if you '3 dot' from the track playing, just from the album list. A bit weird.

Publish date doesn't seem to picked up (reference wrong Qobuz field maybe?) I have 01 Jan 0001 for the 3 or 4 I've just looked at. 

The album thumbnails seem to look a lot nicer for some reason - I can't really remember what they looked like a few days ago, but my impression is that they've changed. 

The overall app seems snappier. Rendering playlists is much quicker (I don't mean seconds quicker, just much more immediate).

I'm glad they're updating it, I hope these are just fixes. 

• Upvote
Reactions: uk030

Ian Forber

New Wammer
Sep 13, 2019
It’s a shame that the Linn app seems to have lost the ability to add tracks to playlists while playing, or in the queue. That’s how I built most of my playlists. It was easier than the Kazoo way method of only being able to do it from the album or Tidal playlist, which looks like that’s the only way to do it now. Grrrr…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online