just spinning synchronicity,forgot what a great album this is,

and what a great band,one of my fave's of the 1980's

any peep's agree:cool:

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
Sure do, they were a top band. So Lonely is still my favourite track, despite being raw and adolescent in terms of how their style developed:^.

bommer

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
STEVENAGE
AKA
JOHN
Injector wrote:

Sure do, they were a top band. So Lonely is still my favourite track, despite being raw and adolescent in terms of how their style developed:^.
so lonely one of my all time fave's to,

soon as i hear it it just make's me feel alive.
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

G

Bring on the night is one of my favourites. One of my favourite bands from that period. One of the bands that made me aware of music .

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I always thought a great singles band - less inclined to listen to a whole album but Driven To Tears a fantastic track. Sting has a wonderful voice - like a lot of his solo stuff.

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
Im always a fan of Sting's live performances, he did a great set at Glasto a few years back with some top musicianship to boot. One of those moments that makes you appreciate just how many hits he has had over the years both with the police and solo..

Hawk

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Police and The Jam showed what could be done with just guitars, drums, voice and loads of energy.

Oh and good songwriting. And probably a good manager......... and, er..... accountant..... stage crew..... equipment........ you know what I mean!

Side 2 of Synchronicity is almost perfect as a rock/pop suite of songs.

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I bought Message in a Bottle and Walking on the Moon, but the first album (Outlades de Mois or someting similar) was Shite, you cannot even compare them to the Jam at the time. The Singles Album was pretty good I seem to remember.

Everything Sting has done since (including that wank Blue Turtles album) is SHITE IMHO.

By the way if you were a MULTI- Million selling artist, would you be , living with a Minger like his Missus.

Cheers BB

G

Brown Bottle w

By the way if you were a MULTI- Million selling artist, would you be , living with a Minger like his Missus.

Cheers BB

:sw::sw:

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
rudolph hucker wrote:

Brown Bottle wBy the way if you were a MULTI- Million selling artist, would you be , living with a Minger like his Missus.

Cheers BB

Welcome back Rudi. You would'nt would you?

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Cloth-Ears wrote:

Brown Bottle is absolutely right, there is no comparison with The Jam, who were a fantastic band, even if they did wear white socks and black shoes (
glum.gif.19305e5ca189352e84c85f8ec971e437.gif
).I like most of The Jam's albums.

And welcome back Rudolph ! Glad you returned !
I wore white socks and black and white shoes at the time.
icon_redface.gif.eb51a1f92a0314cdfc14dd3cb4473da1.gif

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
me wrote:

The Police and The Jam showed what could be done with just guitars, drums, voice and loads of energy. Oh and good songwriting. And probably a good manager......... and, er..... accountant..... stage crew..... equipment........ you know what I mean!

I admit to being a little imprudent in mentioning The Police and The Jam in the same sentence. If the former had tried to arrest the latter for possession of more talent, the latter would have kicked the proverbial out of them. The Jam were a much better band and in a different league IMO.

G

turnitup! wrote:

me wrote:
The Police and The Jam showed what could be done with just guitars, drums, voice and loads of energy. Oh and good songwriting. And probably a good manager......... and, er..... accountant..... stage crew..... equipment........ you know what I mean!

I admit to being a little imprudent in mentioning The Police and The Jam in the same sentence. If the former had tried to arrest the latter for possession of more talent, the latter would have kicked the proverbial out of them. The Jam were a much better band and in a different league IMO.
I disagree here, the Jam had Paul Weller, other 2 were nobodies, and although a good songwriter, the Jam arrangements and stuff were a like jumping on a fashionable bandwagon.

The Police on the other hand took a more unusual route, fantstic drummer, jelped, sting was fine then, not all sysrupy, best two police albumsto my ears are Reggata de blanc, and zenyatta mondatta.

Paul weller on the other hand didn't start getting interesting till 10 years ago, though some of the style council stuff showed promise
wink.png

All IMVHO of course

bommer

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
STEVENAGE
AKA
JOHN
analoguekid wrote:

turnitup! wrote:
me wrote:

I disagree here, the Jam had Paul Weller, other 2 were nobodies, and although a good songwriter, the Jam arrangements and stuff were a like jumping on a fashionable bandwagon.

The Police on the other hand took a more unusual route, fantstic drummer, jelped, sting was fine then, not all sysrupy, best two police albumsto my ears are Reggata de blanc, and zenyatta mondatta.

Paul weller on the other hand didn't start getting interesting till 10 years ago, though some of the style council stuff showed promise
wink.png

All IMVHO of course
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif
:^:^f*****g right.

Sony6million

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
United Kingdom
before my time, though I like his stuff. I use Fields of Gold quite a lot as a test track. I only have a best of, and songs I like are Walking on the moon, fields of gold and seven days. Of his current stuff I like brand new day and desert rose.

As far as weller goes, I like his Studio 150 album, the japanese edition has some interesting covers I think on it, like Hey Jude. Wild Wood and Stanley Street are ok.

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
Walking On The Moon:^

Sting'ssolo stuff is a bit mediocre with the consistency of syrup for me.

As for The Jam, good band but not a great band and it was mainly all Weller. Some A1 songs and they had attitude but The Police were a better band with better songs and better musicians. All IMO of course!

Hit Mouse

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 27, 2005
, ,
The Police and The Jam – chalk and cheese!

Seen them both (The Jam twice The Police once)

As live experiences go, The Jam blew The Police away – raw energy and adrenaline – The Police ok, but rather ho hum……

If I want to daydream that I’m still a young irresistible fanny magnet – I play The Jam. When I look in the mirror and see a sad old middle aged git staring back at me and start thinking about cocoa and warm slippers, The Police seems to be the more appropriate mood music.
sad.png

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
analoguekid wrote:

turnitup! wrote:
me wrote:

The Police on the other hand took a more unusual route, fantstic drummer, jelped, sting was fine then, not all sysrupy, best two police albums to my ears are Reggata de blanc, and zenyatta mondatta.

wink.png

All IMVHO of course
Now I feel like that Paul Whitehouse character in The Fast Show. The one in the pub who agrees with each person's point of view until someone else expresses a different view and then he agrees with that.

"The Police, yeh great band" (no The Jam were much better) "Yeh The Jam, much better than The Police, they was rubbish yeh".....

Both bands were fookin better than Five Star!!!!!

00001664.gif.f3a6986ade705efb256520e3dde6edd1.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zlatan