Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Nov 15, 2021
Bournemouth
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
For someone like me who lived the 60's used to watch ready steady go and Top of the Pops . All part of it for me was The actual Guitars. I was smitten by those Gibson, fender and Gretch ect . I found this interesting (To me anyway) thought I would Share.

It recently dawned on me the power of Advertising when you saw the Beatles you saw VOX in the Background and of Course The Marshall stacks.
Was interested in a Gear video on youtube. where they were going Through Status Quo stage Gear. They said the sound only loud at the front of the stage. The sound we hear is much much Quieter. I heard this again more recently By member of The Who. Have you notice the media (TV) quite happy to show Piano manufactures names on Pianos but Guitar heads are masked I often wonder wonder why that is.

Still in oar with those Guitars I own a 335 which was a huge mistake. Yor never lean to play a Guitar well that doesn't fit you. I find my Friends stratocaster much better. only trouble was the finger reach on the E string at the front of the neck

edit Spelling

https://reverb.com/news/merseybeat-veterans-on-the-guitars-and-basses-that-made-the-scene

Last edited:

Andy Stephenson

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 8, 2022
North East England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For someone like me who lived the 60's used to watch ready steady go and Top of the Pops . All pat of it for me was The actual Guitars. I was smitten by those Gibson, fender and Gretch ect . I found this interesting (To me anyway) thought I would Share.

It recently dawned on me the power of Advertising when you saw the Beatles you saw VOX in the Background and of Course The Marshall stacks.
Was interested in a Gear video on youtube. where they were going Through Status Quo stage Gear. They said the sound only loud at the front of the stage. The sound we hear is much much Quieter. I heard this again more recently By member of The Who. Have you notice the media (TV) quite happy to show Piano manufactures names on Pianos but Guitar heads are masked I often wonder wonder why that is.

Still in oar with those Guitars I own a 335 which was a huge mistake. Yor never lean to play a Guitar well that doesn't fit you. I find my Friends Telecaster much better. only trouble was the finger reach on the E string at the front of the neck

https://reverb.com/news/merseybeat-veterans-on-the-guitars-and-basses-that-made-the-scene
I played bass in a band for a while and still have a 250w Trace Elliot combo, it does go really loud and you can hear it!

One time we played a bank holiday gig at a local pub where they have several bands on with gear provided.
You go on, do your half hour and then spend the rest of the day watching others (and having some refreshment!)
I played in front of a 350w Trace stack with a 4x10 and a 1x15 cabs. The previous band had just left the stage,
we went on, plugged in, tuned up, did a 20 second sound check. The bass player before me had turned it up to eight!
The force of the sound actually pushed me a couple of steps forward! I turned it down to 4 and it was still f****** loud!
Great times and loads of fun.
Andy

Last edited:
Reactions: old Guy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.