Tim stands down at HFC

G

Well it seems Tim the editor is stepping down according to his current Editorial. I wonder if Dave knows who will take over the hot seat

SSM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Tipoca City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
One thing's for sure, his successor won't have as much hair.
tongue.png

Dan George's my pick as the likely successor.

M

murray johnson

I'd like to see Alan Sircom doing it. He's already at Future, still has enthusiasm & writes well. Whether he'd regard it as a good career move is a different issue.

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
murray johnson wrote:

I'd like to see Alan Sircom doing it. He's already at Future, still has enthusiasm & writes well. Whether he'd regard it as a good career move is a different issue.
Its a job with a wage and Tims done it for about 8 years now

G

murray johnson wrote:

Well i think he's part of the admin thats trying to get the forum back on track. Shoots from the hip Alan from what i've read. Not a bad attribute to have.

My choice would be David Vivian

SSM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Tipoca City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I admire Alan's literary gifts.
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif
I bought my MF X v3 combo on the strength of his nice review of them in HFC Aug'04. He manages to be a highly informative guide to a product, without descending into vagueness (ArGh!) or crap commentaries (eeeKK!)

Very tempted to go the Active Neutrons route too thanks to his HFC review (again), but resisting....
tongue.png

So I'll be chuffed to see him as editor. Kudos to his participation in the HFC forum too.

SS

ps: if I may be metrosexually shallow, the dude doesn't quite have a symmetrical face, does he?
47_47.gif.482d183844f69ef6dec537ae753f214d.gif

M

murray johnson

From birth I think. He does have some tales to tell about his youth though. His mother was an actress who starred in many of the Carry On films. They used to have the likes of Sid James, Kenneth Williams and the rest of that gang around all of the time when he was a kid. Must've been quite entertaining!

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
murray johnson wrote:

From birth I think. He does have some tales to tell about his youth though. His mother was an actress who starred in many of the Carry On films. They used to have the likes of Sid James, Kenneth Williams and the rest of that gang around all of the time when he was a kid. Must've been quite entertaining!
She died 2005 her name was Patsy Rowlands

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
murray johnson wrote:

I like AS, talks a lot of sense. Probably too much for the commercial boys at HFC. If you know what I mean.
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
HiFiWigWam wrote:

murray johnson wrote:
I like AS, talks a lot of sense. Probably too much for the commercial boys at HFC. If you know what I mean.
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif
Spot on the mag is sold to make money, and its not doing bad. The internet has not been the death of high quality mags, and thats for all hobbies

there is a group of the public which would never enter a forum and many of them still do not use the web
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

the job of selling mag and advert space is the same to an editor one tims done well for years and that can be seen by the move he is making

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles