Time magazine's Top 10 photos of 2013

unclepuncle

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 11, 2007
Northants
I like the 'mother nature' disaster photos even though they are obviously bleak, but the ones that are all down to human-on-human hostility do make me wish a large meteor would hit the earth pretty damn soon.

topoxforddoc

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 11, 2009
Cheltenham, , United
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That’s what true photo-journalism is all about. Maybe we have got used to this after Vietnam, which was the first major conflict with embedded journos and photogs PLUS rapid exposure in the media. Now with digital and satellite phone uploads from a laptop, you can get images from far flung places in the world, before rigor mortis sets in.

Personally i think the images are great - really thought provoking - that’s what a great picture should make us do - think for a moment.

unclepuncle

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 11, 2007
Northants
That’s what true photo-journalism is all about. Maybe we have got used to this after Vietnam, which was the first major conflict with embedded journos and photogs PLUS rapid exposure in the media. Now with digital and satellite phone uploads from a laptop, you can get images from far flung places in the world, before rigor mortis sets in.Personally i think the images are great - really thought provoking - that’s what a great picture should make us do - think for a moment.
Not debating the quality of the photo's or journalistic morals at all - just lamenting the 'progress' that the human world has made over the last 2-3 thousand years.

chrisB

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 8, 2007
AKA
Chris
Not debating the quality of the photo's or journalistic morals at all - just lamenting the 'progress' that the human world has made over the last 20-30 thousand years.
Fixed it for you Paul! :^

Clubsport911

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 19, 2013
Cheltenham
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Humans... Taken as a whole, I wonder if we deserve to survive much longer.

I love life, but "life" is clearly something we do not love enough as a collective. How utterly depressing.... We are idiots....religion, wars, and so on.

When are we going to learn ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online