Linn Owners

Tips: Speaker Chassis Tighten screws

pirov

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 25, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just for fun, try 0,6 Nm for the 3K and let me know what you think. That's what I use...
Guess what? I think 0,6 is best and most musical I've tried so far. Why this should be I've no idea. This torque is not much more than finger tight – so not too tight – but tight enough apparently.

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Guess what? I think 0,6 is best and most musical I've tried so far. Why this should be I've no idea. This torque is not much more than finger tight – so not too tight – but tight enough apparently.
I’m sure you’re right. Logically, tight enough is all that’s needed. Or am I missing something?

But if you’re a manufacturer I can see that it might make sense to assemble a bit tighter as screws rarely get tighter by themselves. (Irony mode off. ;) )

pirov

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 25, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Can anyone post a photo of the upper mid driver of an Akubarik with the rubber ring removed, so I can see how this is fixed? (Seems very tight and I haven't had the courage to force it).

Tendaberry

LP12 Scholar
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Hamburg
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
But if you’re a manufacturer I can see that it might make sense to assemble a bit tighter as screws rarely get tighter by themselves. (Irony mode off. ;) )
Or Linn could do like Spendor and issue correct torque values for each speaker...

• Upvote
Reactions: ThomasOK

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Or Linn could do like Spendor and issue correct torque values for each speaker...
Oh, do they? That’s interesting. I wonder if it’s how they make them - on which case it’ll be what’s needed, plus a bit extra if my theory holds good. Do you reckon Spendor do it for engineering reasons, or that they listen to multiple settings first?

I was going to ask ATC when I tightened my SCM40s, but I used Allen keys and just did it finger tight. I’ve not had the courage to try on my Guarneri as they look too pretty, and delicate!

pirov

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 25, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Can anyone post a photo of the upper mid driver of an Akubarik with the rubber ring removed, so I can see how this is fixed? (Seems very tight and I haven't had the courage to force it).
Managed it – torqued to 1,1 nm (all slightly tightened).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.