Wammer
Wammer
Jun 14, 2006
St Helens
AKA
Tillman
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I did have all my kit in another room except for the speakers. Did this for sonic and aesthetic reasons - 8+ boxes for a Linn tri-active system, but it was a nuisance having to move rooms every time an album needed changing.

Since moving on from Linn it’s all now in the one room.

Strider

Show me your Fooses
Wammer Plus
Jan 16, 2006
Here and there
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I like seeing my kit on display, it keeps domestic harmony and she knows if she touches my hifi I'll burst into tears.
I would love a huge Naim stack with as many Mana stands until the Naim boxes press against the ceiling, a pair of stacked Linn Isobarics and to top it off cables as thick as Geoff Capes guts and thousands of shakti stones.
Aaaaav it!

Leeken

Wammer
Feb 1, 2022
Wirral
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I guess distilling the whole thing down is all we need are pairs of eye masks!
To wear or not to wear....that is the question.
Actually put a eye mask on recently,it changed my perception of where sound was coming from more than any component change ever has,only problem was partly all this detail I’d never heard in Cluster one by pink Floyd was quite embarrassingly my dog under my feet chewing one of her toys,schoolboy error!

zekezebra

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 15, 2009
Hereford
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I recently acquired a Luxman 590AX ii amplifier. Still waiting cables and speakers so right now it's just an ornament. Still stop and stare at it as it's a thing of beauty for me, would never hide it away. Can't wait to see the VUs dancing!

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The problem I guess for many - aesthetics versus sound quality.
My ideal room set up would be to have two trap doors in the floor so that when I wanted to listen to the hifi I flicked a switch and the speakers are hydraulically lifted into place to liisten.

However, I realise that is never going to happen (just a might if I win the lottery and have a house built or altered) and so I do not give a flying fig how the hifi looks as long as it sounds bloody wonderful.

Over the years I have come to realise that there are many who listen with their eyes and not their ears and as a result are never satisfied.

Last edited:

t1no

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 22, 2014
North West
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Don’t mind seeing the kit on display but don’t want to see the cables … not a big fan of open (dusting nightmare) racks.

Look … no cables …

04E0118B-6170-4027-BACB-C87D72CC3649.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles