Trinity Audio Speakers

wow and flutter

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 22, 2005
Harrow, , United Kin
AKA
Mark
I'm currently looking at upgrading my currents speakers, and have recently demo'd Spendor S6es; Art Stillettos; PMC GB1+.

There has been a pair of Trinity Audio Tridents repeatedly listed on e-bay (from a dealer) which might appealbut i can't find anything about them(google = zero).

Before I contemplate a trip to Devon to demo, does any one have any infoabout this manufacturer, and this particular model of speaker?

My current set up is Dais turntable; Arcam A80 & P80 amps; Arcam CD192 CDP & Marantz CDR; with Mission 780 speakers.

W&F

wow and flutter

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 22, 2005
Harrow, , United Kin
AKA
Mark
Thanks Techno

I quickly found out that they're all selling the same pair of speakers! It seems they are dealers who have some form of tie up with each other
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif
. I'll see if they answer my e-mail after Christmas.

W&F

E

earl of sodbury

Do yourself a major favour and try to audition Neat Acoustics (http://www.neat.co.uk/) Elite SE (1500 GBP), Motive 1 (1200 GBP), or Motive 2 (bargain of the bunch at just 850 GBP) - they outclass anything else at the price IMHO - if only I could raise the money...
cry_smile.gif.e6f167d6925baafe229b8957ba771316.gif

SSM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Tipoca City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Speaker brands really are endless. Could we do with a stickie listing of every available brand and model we could think of? It could be helpful for buyers who are looking for something off the beaten path. I know the mags don't listevery model available.

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
I have never never heard of them, nor can I find a web site for them

now if there where any good if they sell new for about 2k, ex dem should be £1500 for an item to drop to half when its only ex dem is a big drop

an argument often had by people trying to get dealers to really cut the price of ex dem kit is

we only need to knock a few bob off as people see it as a bargin

I see them speakers more as a give away..? any good and they would not need to discount so much

when did you last see a pair of B&W 8k speakers ex dem going for 4k christ 2 year old no boxes would fetch nearly 6k

G

Davewhityetagain wrote:

I have never never heard of them, nor can I find a web site for them now if there where any good if they sell new for about 2k, ex dem should be £1500 for an item to drop to half when its only ex dem is a big drop

an argument often had by people trying to get dealers to really cut the price of ex dem kit is

we only need to knock a few bob off as people see it as a bargin

I see them speakers more as a give away..? any good and they would not need to discount so much

when did you last see a pair of B&W 8k speakers ex dem going for 4k christ 2 year old no boxes would fetch nearly 6k
Dave, you are getting mixed up, wether B&W speakers hold their price, has nothing to do with how good they are, and all to do with the image that they are good, it's a badge thing, i'd say listen to the trinities, perhaps the reason they aren't selling as so many like to go for the label, and dismiss anything else as a result.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Solid... i agree and not just for speakers...it would be most useful if we could contribute simple subjective opinions, price and a hint a sound type to aid system matching...we could then compile our own index/ reference guide based on all our opinions...A hugely useful starting point for us all when choosing kit.

Come on James...what about it?

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Dave, you are getting mixed up, wether B&W speakers hold their price,
I do not feel I am getting mixed up, B&W is used as an example, in another case if these speakers held there price I might have been able to use them

B&W like any other item on the market is only in the postion it is by selling speakers year in year out and building up a customer base, the fact they (trinity) are discounted so much shows they have no following (yet)

given the speed many forum members change kit so often, market share and how well they hold value is important

SSM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Tipoca City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
rockmeister wrote:

Solid... i agree and not just for speakers...it would be most useful if we could contribute simple subjective opinions, price and a hint a sound type to aid system matching...we could then compile our own index/ reference guide based on all our opinions...A hugely useful starting point for us all when choosing kit.Come on James...what about it?
That's a great idea, RM. :^Such a reference will prove really useful for buyers wanting an exotic speaker/amp/cdp/etc model, not touted by the mags (due to lackof paid advertising:nup:). I, myself, am looking for a comprehensive listing of expensive standmount speakers with singlewire terminals.

Jammy seems to be MIA, perhaps you should KIV this for him...

G

Davewhityetagain wrote:

Dave, you are getting mixed up, wether B&W speakers hold their price,
I do not feel I am getting mixed up, B&W is used as an example, in another case if these speakers held there price I might have been able to use them

B&W like any other item on the market is only in the postion it is by selling speakers year in year out and building up a customer base, the fact they (trinity) are discounted so much shows they have no following (yet)

given the speed many forum members change kit so often, market share and how well they hold value is important
Nope, you said if they were any good they wouldn't have been half price, and as you point out, it's their lack of previous cuctomer base, and previous marketing that has led to them being unknown, as peeps buy Brands, not individual items, how many folks have bought a pair of cdm1t and lust after a pair of 800's, even though they have never heard them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles