Linn Owners

Trying to go Aktiv

Alister M

Wammer
Apr 27, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Also when you do the test you should get no sound out of the other bass units although the cones will vibrate.

Alister M

Wammer
Apr 27, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
good we are getting somewhere. It looks like the Aktiv mod has been done or you would get sound out of both bass units at the same time. I presume the sound is normal, not quiet or distorted etc?

RicieB

Wammer
Jan 1, 2023
London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
good we are getting somewhere. It looks like the Aktiv mod has been done or you would get sound out of both bass units at the same time. I presume the sound is normal, not quiet or distorted etc?
Sound is normal

Alister M

Wammer
Apr 27, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It looks like a faulty aktiv card. The LK85 is more than capable of driving both bass drivers at the same time. You could try reconnecting the card in them making sure the connector is the right way around. It should only go in one way....

RicieB

Wammer
Jan 1, 2023
London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It looks like a faulty aktiv card. The LK85 is more than capable of driving both bass drivers at the same time. You could try reconnecting the card in them making sure the connector is the right way around. It should only go in one way....
Thanks I've had the card in and out and apart from a brief spell of hum and crackling no bass. So I should get another bass card and not use the external terminal connecters then?

Alister M

Wammer
Apr 27, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes. Definitely looks like the card or cable is either the wrong one or is faulty. You can leave the links on the speakers for now rather than complicate things

Reactions: RicieB

RicieB

Wammer
Jan 1, 2023
London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Alister that's very helpful and a wight off my mind. I'll get new cards and return the existing ones.

RicieB

Wammer
Jan 1, 2023
London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes. Definitely looks like the card or cable is either the wrong one or is faulty. You can leave the links on the speakers for now rather than complicate things
Are the Ninka cards just the same? Or could they be better as often might be newer?

Alister M

Wammer
Apr 27, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes the Ninka and Keilidh use the same crossover frequencies. The cards may be newer but the circuit and components will just be the same......

Reactions: RicieB

Lunchbox171

Wammer
Dec 28, 2019
If you're running passive you must take out the link between the bottom two speaker connections, the bottom ones are for active only.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles