Tube Technology Unisys help required

falcoron

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jan 17, 2006
Belfast, , United Ki
AKA
RON
Would anyone have a schematic for the preamp board of this integrated amp ir the capacitor values?
Mates amp popped a tube and took out some of this board

Juancho

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 22, 2014
London
AKA
David
He has it with a guy to repair and he is looking for this info. I’m only the carrier pigeon 😊
Understand. I've repaired / rebuilt a few of those and only ever seen a schema drawn up for the power amp. But if a tube went in the pre it should only have taken out the cathode bypass caps so I can't see why the repairer can't see the value on the cap. It's all standard fare. Also if eg V1 blew, the caps are the same on V2

Reactions: falcoron and rabski

falcoron

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jan 17, 2006
Belfast, , United Ki
AKA
RON
Understand. I've repaired / rebuilt a few of those and only ever seen a schema drawn up for the power amp. But if a tube went in the pre it should only have taken out the cathode bypass caps so I can't see why the repairer can't see the value on the cap. It's all standard fare. Also if eg V1 blew, the caps are the same on V2
Yeah agree, not sure why he can’t see the values maybe the print is gone? Dunno!

Jazid

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2009
London
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Seems to me these things go up in smoke after a certain point. Maybe divining the past through charred remnants isn't this EEs skill?

falcoron

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jan 17, 2006
Belfast, , United Ki
AKA
RON
Seems to me these things go up in smoke after a certain point. Maybe divining the past through charred remnants isn't this EEs skill?
Maybe!
My brother had one for donkeys years and never an issue. Mates one was bought used about 20 years ago. I had the sig version about 15 years ago and kept a fair while and loved it.

Juancho

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 22, 2014
London
AKA
David
Maybe!
My brother had one for donkeys years and never an issue. Mates one was bought used about 20 years ago. I had the sig version about 15 years ago and kept a fair while and loved it.
Great amps, but as standard biased a bit too hot. Also the PCBs can short internally causing fun! The input stage is normally bullet proof but of course can't allow for a rogue valve shorting. I had plenty of shocks from these as there's no bleed across the PSU caps on the pre, with a live track right at the edge of the PCB which is all too easy to touch👹 oh yeah, and on the pre board the cap polarity for the PSU caps is marked incorrectly.......

Last edited:

Jazid

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2009
London
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great amps, but as standard biased a bit too hot. Also the PCBs can short internally causing fun! The input stage is normally bullet proof but of course can't allow for a rogue valve shorting. I had plenty of shocks from these as there's no bleed across the PSU caps on the pre, with a live track right at the edge of the PCB which is all too easy to touch👹 oh yeah, and on the pre board the cap polarity for the PSU caps is marked incorrectly.......
If that's your definition of a great amp I'd hate to see the state of the circuit board in a bad one 🤪

Reactions: Juancho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online