Tubes

G

Just been perusing the internet Looking for some Siemens EC88'S. Anyone know who stocks them in the UK.

G

Seems rather toooooooooo cheap:shock: . Maybe i've got the wrong tube for the pre-amp section. Mmmmm where DW or AK when you need them:p

PAG

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
Wirral.
AKA
si
Yes, he is cheap m8... that`s why i`ve used him in the past on a couple of occasions.

Buy `em m8
smile.png
(as long as your sure you need ECC 88`s)

The Hifi Gallery

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2005
Kinross
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
HiFiWigWam wrote:

You haven't got the fekking thing yet. Give it a bloody chance mate:p
agree!!! I'm going back to stock tubes, I prefer them, will still be trying siemens, but will borrow a set, tubes are 6922 or equivelent IE ecc83 IS ANOTHER.

mrwippy

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Nov 6, 2006
Plymouth, UK
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Paul wrote:

HiFiWigWam wrote:
agree!!! I'm going back to stock tubes, I prefer them, will still be trying siemens, but will borrow a set, tubes are 6922 or equivelent IE ecc83 IS ANOTHER.
'ecc83'? is that a typo? E88CC is a direct replacement, ECC88/6DJ8 is a near replacement.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Paul wrote:

HiFiWigWam wrote:
Yup.

I'm sure DK would have used diffeent tubes had they sounded "better". Its not a cheap amp after all. Of course a change might rectify some compatibility issue that may creep in....

Of course Doovs is just desperate to get into tube tweakery, as would we all be with our first vacuum amp.

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
HiFiWigWam wrote:

Paul wrote:
HiFiWigWam wrote:
Yup.

I'm sure DK would have used diffeent tubes had they sounded "better". Its not a cheap amp after all. Of course a change might rectify some compatibility issue that may creep in....

Of course Doovs is just desperate to get into tube tweakery, as would we all be with our first vacuum amp.
Im not sure that is always the case, I can imagine the problem for manufacturerscould besourcing a commercial quantity to meet the volume levels they need, as well as finding suitable quality and consistency. When you start looking into the more exotic NOS varieties itmust beharder not only to get a decent quantity but particularly to get consitency when some batches are not as good as others. Its easier for an owner to just pick up a couple and experiment, but I do agree that the differencesare not always going to be better.

Hawk

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
HiFiWigWam wrote:

Paul wrote:
HiFiWigWam wrote:
Yup.

Not true, I have spoken a few times with the nice chaps at DK and the EH 6922 was picked because its a goodvalve with a long life and few problems, thisvalve was picked as a replacment for the very cheapvalve that is supplied by the company in China that builds the amplifer.

Now DK know valve ampifier users are a funny lot
26.gif.8017d59dcd366c78cba0db9463c65b0f.gif
who all like something a little different.

So they supply the amplifier with an Allen key and the company blessing to take the lid off and play:geek:

That said, it would be a good idea to take delivery and get 50 hours on the stock valves first other wise when putting other valves in you have no base to start from:doh:

The Hifi Gallery

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2005
Kinross
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
mrwippy wrote:

Paul wrote:
HiFiWigWam wrote:
'ecc83'? is that a typo? E88CC is a direct replacement, ECC88/6DJ8 is a near replacement.
yes it was you are correct, 6n1P is another IIRC

mrwippy

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Nov 6, 2006
Plymouth, UK
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Paul wrote:

mrwippy wrote:
Paul wrote:
HiFiWigWam wrote:
I would be very cautious in the use of a 6n1p as this isn't really a direct or even near equivalent (even though its often touted as such) as far as I'm aware, although others may disagree
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif
- the nearest Russian designated 'near' equivalent is a 6n23p (=6DJ8).

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Paul wrote:

mrwippy wrote:
Paul wrote:
HiFiWigWam wrote:
I would not use a 6n1P it has twice the filiment current try the 6DJ8 by Sovtek

The Hifi Gallery

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2005
Kinross
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
mrwippy wrote:

Paul wrote:
mrwippy wrote:
Paul wrote:
HiFiWigWam wrote:
I would be very cautious in the use of a 6n1p as this isn't really a direct or even near equivalent (even though its often touted as such) as far as I'm aware, although others may disagree
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif
- the nearest Russian designated 'near' equivalent is a 6n23p (=6DJ8).
my comment was less about what's suitable for the amp, and whats "touted" as a direct replacement for a 6922, so far the EH originals are staying put in my DK

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles