Turntable wall shelf

rorackowe

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 8, 2011
Cheltenham
AKA
Roland
I'd like a shelf for isolation and to keep little 'un's mitts off my gyro. Any suggestions? Any suitable dust covers?

luckysim0n

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 23, 2013
Liverpool
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Look in the review section there is a turntable wall shelf in there that is a work of art as well as getting a good review would match the aesthetics of the Gyro IMHO plenty of covers on the bay depends what you are looking for

Pussycat

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2008
Norwich
AKA
Mike
One of the most available s/h, from £30 to £50, is one of the Target shelves, of which there were about 3 models. All have spikes and should have lightweight, composite 'wooden' shelves. Avoid glass for Gyro and Orbe. A solid wall is advisable, too !

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww195/Yungiloo/6.jpg

As regards covers, design your own and either have it made up locally at a perspex company or one of those online (which are, understandably, slightly dearer); should cost no more than £80 locally (for 5mm Perspex as I have, or less for 3mm, which is obviously not as rigid). Hope this helps.

rorackowe

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 8, 2011
Cheltenham
AKA
Roland
Local company for the cover's an excellent idea.

I used to have a target wall shelf for my Linn Basik, sold it 15 years ago :( looks like I'll have to find another or investigate the modern alternatives. Hoping not to spend an arm and a leg.

Pussycat

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2008
Norwich
AKA
Mike
Local company for the cover's an excellent idea.
When designing your own cover, bear in mind:.....extra height in case of upgrades to deck (you are restricted to width and depth by the shelf):......put hand-hold slots in the sides nearer the top than bottom;.........have a nearly full-width cut-out of 2 or 3 inches at the back:... you'll be offered choice of tints but bear in mind that the seams will show up as solid colour (as I found out !!!!!!!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles