Turntables

P

purplepleaser

Hi, Just thinking of things to do with my system.

I have thought about getting a diy valve amp kit.Also thinking about trying a diy turntable. Building my own turntable may help me understand how they work and how to setup one correctly. I have seen Audioorigami's floppy drive one but is there any others out there that people have tried or seen.

Just a thought at the moment.

Lee

chezi61

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Fife , Scotland.
Lee , speak to AK , he's planning on building TT outta old .............well just ask him I can't give the details here.:gag:I could prolly help wi some bits and bobs , feet etc.
wink.gif.25d7e4815f6a2fee62f4117deebb27e0.gif

chezi.

P

purplepleaser

cheers Chezi,

Might be the wrong way of learning about TT's but you got to start somewhere. I will have a google and see what turns up.

Lee

Dik Dolan

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2005
United Kingdom
I built an origin live kit turntable a few years ago, it was only so-so especially the platter bearing. No where near as good as the gyrodec I replaced it with.

Teres sell TT parts and great looking kits, might be worth a look (not cheap tho).

http://www.teresaudio.com/

Ant

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2005
Hythe, Kent
AKA
Antony
I'd love to build one as well, but I'm having trouble finding a machinist to make my bearing.

G

lee build one out of bits of lego. it will sound better than a certain scottish record deck i could think of.

G

lee buy a fooked rega, you only need bearing, platters and motor, make yer own plinth, I plann/ed on using 36mm birch ply, but plenty materials out there, from perspex to granite, only held back buy your imagination, most crucial part will be to get bearing perpendicular with plinth, a router may be needed for this, other than that, jigsaw, drill and some elbow grease is all you really need, plenty geometry diagrams for arm fitting and such.

If rega clone goes well, then nothing stopping you doing a more esoteric one, such as a schue kit or kit like mentioned above.

yoda900

Wammer Plus
Sep 20, 2005
Cheshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Now Chezi be nice.

Kind of you to offer your skills to Lee.

Thought Ak had ditched all his vinyl or does he have a secret stash of the good stuff:cool:

G

yoda900 wrote:

Now Chezi be nice.Kind of you to offer your skills to Lee.

Thought Ak had ditched all his vinyl or does he have a secret stash of the good stuff:cool:
nope no vinyl, although may still build a TT just for fun.

chezi61

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Fife , Scotland.
yoda900 wrote:

Now Chezi be nice.
I am learning to ignore the self opinionated , boring cunt , till if I meet him , then , oneday I'll shove his sandingblock where the sun don't shine .

It's getting like a Rangers/Celtic argument boring and just fuckin annoyin , I hate this , I hate that......we all know the story by now , gie it a rest FFS , switch oan yir AV amp and listen to heaven , I'll turn on my HIFI and listen tae shite.:yeah:worse than a woman !!

chezi. disgruntled and to be frank yer startin tae git oan ma tits.

Bite ma shite !

G

chezi61 wrote:

disgruntled and to be frank yer startin tae git oan ma tits. Bite ma shite !
not good, not a nice place to be, one of the nicests guys I've met, but I wouldnae like tae press the wrang buttons, and I'm a fairly proficient martial artist.

You get that ferry timetable a sent ya chezi
biggrin.png

U

Umberto

I heard the LP12 in anger for the first time at chezi's and it sounded excellent. Very mellow sounding. Seemed to smooth off the rough edges of the sound that the CD player had.

IMO a very good sounding TT.

chezi61

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Fife , Scotland.
Just gettin a wee bit bored listening tae the same auld pish , so you don't like an Lp12 so that makes it shit ??? no it fuckin doesn't , loads o things I don't like but don't constantly ram it down folks throats.

Not that it's the onlything you have a dig at , ye seem tae have a habit o gittin on a lot of peeps nerves , ye always have done since posting and being banned fae Zero Gain within days , gies a break FFS,this used to be a informative and helpful forum and a good laugh , I now dread coming near it , sarcasm and self opinion gets annoying.

chezi.

G

just ignore him Chezi, he cannay hear it right wi his av amp, it uses computer cables to connect to his dvd, and its so shite it makes his cdp as shite as the dvd. probably

PS i meant you were a nice guy, and I wouldnae want to be in Rudis shoes, even wi oot yer duster.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online