Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
Worcestershire
AKA
Trumpet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
System :-
Melco N1 Z, Hegel H190 built in DAC max 24/96 for USB. Coax accepts 24/192.
I've got quite a lot of HD files (>100) some DSD albums, and not played them for a while, stored elsewhere but now on the Melco.
Thinking about how to hear them
1)USB to spdif converter?
2) Better DAC?
3)Let the system sort it out, it will play some, converting to pcm and down sampling, but I'll never know if I'm missing anything
Years ago using my M2Tech Young dac would play most things I put in front of it, but a different system now.

Your thoughts and advice would be most welcome
Thanks
trumpetman

trumpetman

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
Worcestershire
AKA
Trumpet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for your reply.
Might have to investigate dacs, maybe borrow a more capable one to install in my system

trumpetman

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
Worcestershire
AKA
Trumpet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You can also incorporate dac loop with the hegal
Hi @Bokke, thanks for your suggestion. My H190 doesn't have that feature unfortunately. I've had some feedback from a couple of dealers. The Next Hegel amp up in the range would tick the boxes, but too expensive for me.
I think I need to try some different dacs in my system, or borrow on demo.
I'll place a new post for some suggestions.
(y)

Musicraft

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Jun 18, 2008
Derby
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi @Bokke, thanks for your suggestion. My H190 doesn't have that feature unfortunately. I've had some feedback from a couple of dealers. The Next Hegel amp up in the range would tick the boxes, but too expensive for me.
I think I need to try some different dacs in my system, or borrow on demo.
I'll place a new post for some suggestions.
(y)

Fwiw, our clients and people are finding that even DENAFRIPS Audio's base model the Ares II R-2R DAC (RRP £865) to be superior to and elevating the performance of their Hegel Music Systems H90, ROST, H190 and H390's :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online