Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2011
Mansfield-ish
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I meant to add that with your LVs was a real joy and learning experience. I came away from your wishing I had a larger home :).
It was a real joy for me too @Ian. Your amp sounded fabulous and you're more than welcome to bring your amp round any time. That way you don't need a new house and I don't need a new amp 🙂

• Love
Reactions: DomT

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You still in Northamptonshire Rabski ?
Yes unfortunately, however I understand they're trying to get him exiled to Mull or one of those mothballed oil platforms. 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: rabski

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
World's full of bloody comics today :ROFLMAO:

Yes Ian. Still in Kettering. RW4s arrive late next week, so after a week or so they should be singing sweetly.

Reactions: steve 57

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There are currently also (shortly about to be) three restored and lightly tweaked Stereo 20s, so comparisons are on the cards.

• Love
Reactions: Ian and Gizza

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You're both more than welcome, obviously once the LVs have had a bit of a running in, and whenever the house isn't full of family and/or builders :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: karlsushi and Ian

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I can bring an Audion, it's becoming a bit of a 'wam tart !
So what does that make the Primaluna ? Wam Groupie ? Just a passing enquiry Ian are you still selling the Primaluna ? I would like to hear it in my Quad ESL system and wondered if there was any chance of borrowing it ?

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ian it is like me being in an art glass store , you break it you own it .

karlsushi

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 1, 2022
Melton Mowbray, East Midlands
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Many thanks to @Ian for bringing his Audion round this afternoon to start the SET fun.

Really interesting couple of hours. First-up, a photo or it never happened:

DSC_0561.JPG

So cut a long story short. As is always the case with this ridiculous hobby, the 10W of 300b SET provided by the Audion turned out to not really suit the smaller system with the LS3s in a near-field set-up where it was originally intended, but absolutely lit the room in the much larger living room system with 86dB efficient speakers. And with gain to spare too.

As in, absolutely blew the room apart on the Sabbath test. Ridiculous.

So I'm none the wiser as what to do with the small system, but am already starting to research more valve amps for the system with the EJ Jordan Greenwich.

Love this hobby 🙂

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles