Van Damme Blue 1.5mm2 Tour Loudspeaker Cable Maplins Special Offer

G

Thanks for the tip CJR . Our clothesline broke the other day so this should come in handy :raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao:
14-00000002.gif.828495f168ee75f09f640fa4f13bd3a2.gif

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
Duvet wrote:

Thanks for the tip CJR . Our clothesline broke the other day so this should come in handy :raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao:
14-00000002.gif.828495f168ee75f09f640fa4f13bd3a2.gif
The "illness" is deep rooted in you Bedspread, "Repent Repent" I say. £2000 did you say ?pfffffftttttt !!!
biggrin.png

Sid and Coke

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 3, 2005
nr St Andrews, Fife,
Funnily enough CJ this cynical dudester has had 5 metres of the 2.5mm2 stuff in my Maplins 'Basket' for about 2 weeks now, along with some 4mm Banana chassis sockets. I've been leaving it a while to decide if there is anything else i needed, ( experience tells me that just after I've hit the submit button at checkout I remember something else), to be even more honest I'm still agonising over whether to go for 2.5 or 4 , but all the time knowing that i'll not notice the difference anyway.

I also bought a couple of metres of fancy pants copper sheilded mains cable, a new MK Duraplug and a OFC IEC kettle plug to do somethng with in the coming weeks.

This is one sick puppy hobby, sure I think a lot of it is bollox, but that doesn't stop me buying stuff 'just in case' ,well you never know and it pays to be prepared...
biggrin.png

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
Funnily enough CJ this cynical dudester has had 5 metres of the 2.5mm2 stuff in my Maplins 'Basket' for about 2 weeks now, along with some 4mm Banana chassis sockets. I've been leaving it a while to decide if there is anything else i needed, ( experience tells me that just after I've hit the submit button at checkout I remember something else), to be even more honest I'm still agonising over whether to go for 2.5 or 4 , but all the time knowing that i'll not notice the difference anyway.
Well Sid 49p/m is a bargain in anyone’s books, I held off buying £2.99 2x4mm2 (CSA8) stuff as it seemed like overkill for the sensitive speakers I currently use, thus ended up trying £1.99 2x2.5mm2 (CSA5) over 7m cant say it sounds any different to the CAT5 before it FWIW. You will have done the simple calculation by now that you can get more CSA of copper via 2 No 2x1.5mm2 (2x3 = CSA 6) over the 2.5mm2 stuff with the benefit that it cost £1 compared to £2. Ie using one cable per conductor. I have also bought some for high level use with the subwoofer, ie so I can have a 8m run to the sub from the hifi if I wish. @ 49p/m its worth buying and putting in a cupboard for future use. So quick calculation of CSA are as follows with costs :

1m - 2 x 2.5mm2 Blue (CSA 5) = £1.99

1m - 2 x 4.0mm2 Blue (CSA 8) = £2.99

1m - 2x1.5mm2 Blue (CSA 3) = £0.49

1m - 4x1.5mm2 Blue (CSA 6)= £0.98 (2 cables shotgunned)

1m - 8x1.5mm2 blue (CSA 12)= £1.96 (4 cables shotgunned)

All above per channel.

And for 2x4mm2 £2.99 divided by 2x1.5mm2 £0.49 gives a ratio of 6, so 6 cables @ CSA 3 = CSA 18 over CSA 8. At the same money. If you don’t mind shotgunning the cables, ie buy some fancy sheathing and makes yourself some “hosepipe†cables you regularly see on the end of high end rigs.

M

Mr Coherent

Danny,

completely concur excellent washing line material
smile.png

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
Mr Coherent wrote:

Danny,completely concur excellent washing line material
smile.png
Mr.C. how much does you “entry level clothes line†start at these days in the Coherent range?What CSA ?pray tell.
tongue.png

G

cjr wrote:

Mr Coherent wrote:
smile.png
Mr.C. how much does you “entry level clothes line†start at these days in the Coherent range?What CSA ?pray tell.
tongue.png
Miaooowww:D

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
Duvet wrote:

cjr wrote:
Mr Coherent wrote:
smile.png
tongue.png
Miaooowww:D
Miaaaaow ? Not at all, tis simple question Bedspread. It would be interesting to see an answer to those simple points I feel. To put into context of “why†you chaps are labelling this stuff clothes line, I use the next size up as do many, simply using more cables to bulk up CSA makes it a prefectly valid “high end†cable, would you not agree ?

E

earl of sodbury

yeah, c'moffit naysayers - at the price it's More than good value, and indeed how much wouldone have to pay to make an improvement Joe Average would notice?

Sid and Coke

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 3, 2005
nr St Andrews, Fife,
I just took a reality check.

I'm currently hooked up with QED Silver Anniversary, shotgunned in a traditional 'Bi-Wire' configuration. The QED costing me £5 per mono metre, so I'meffectively using a £10 pm speaker cable each side, ( It's actually £20 pm stereo) . I already have my old pair of FFRC in my box of bits, plus another set of QED Original Qudos ( again in Trad Biwire config) .

DoI really need to get another set of £1.99 pm speaker wires, I'm pretty sure that if i do , i'm not going to feel the urge to say; Wow ! when it's fitted....

But then again it is only a tenner....

Then there's the plugs....

And the hassle....

And the disappointment.....

Yeah, but what if it does do something and work....

Yeah, but you know it's not going to Sid....

Hi-Fi Junkie psycosis can be so cruel sometimes......

mosfet

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Richard
1.5mm is fine for shorter loudspeaker cable runs. A quick worked example:

Provided the loudspeaker cable is below 0.05 ohms series resistance for any given length, there will be no audible loss of signal.

Van Damme 1.5mm is quoted as 11.2 ohms per km - equivalent to 0.0112 ohms per meter. So, a length of 5 meters would give 0.0112 * 5 = 0.056 ohms series resistance.

Van Damme 1.5mm: Good for lengths up to 5 meters, any longer this use 2.5mm.

9a_1_b.JPG

1. Conceal inside some nice looking woven insulation

2. Think of a name. Clues: musical terms, species of snake, mythology

3. Write some bollocks

4. Sell to cable muppets
tongue.png

E

earl of sodbury

mosfet wrote:

....1. Conceal inside some nice looking woven insulation

2. Think of a name. Clues: musical terms, species of snake, mythology

3. Write some bollocks

4. Sell to cable muppets
tongue.png
LMFAO :sw:

PS: sounds great - is it reassuringly expensive? Where can I buy some?

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Earl, can I interest you in my Anaconda Allegro 1.3 Super speaker cable? £89.52 per metre, plus £73 termination (bananas) per end or £67 for spades.

This cable uses pan-dimensional Quantum Vortex technology to induce discontinuities in the fabric ofspace-time in the critical first three microns of dielectric next to the conductors. This in turn prevents unwanted contamination of the sound often introduced to cheaper cables by Quantum Tunneling effects impinging on the sonic matrix and deletoriously discomnobulating the doodlethwack....cryogenic...blah...drone....snooze.

Available in a range of eye-searingly bright jacket colours to suit all tastes!

E

earl of sodbury

meninblack wrote:

Earl, can I interest you in my Anaconda Allegro 1.3 Super speaker cable? £89.52 per metre, plus £73 termination (bananas) per end or £67 for spades.This cable uses pan-dimensional Quantum Vortex technology to induce discontinuities in the fabric ofspace-time in the critical first three microns of dielectric next to the conductors. This in turn prevents unwanted contamination of the sound often introduced to cheaper cables by Quantum Tunneling effects impinging on the sonic matrix and deletoriously discomnobulating the doodlethwack....cryogenic...blah...drone....snooze.

Available in a range of eye-searingly bright jacket colours to suit all tastes!
Stunning imagery... walk-in soundstage... holographic imaging... blacker inkier squiddier blacks.. performers in room with you giving you a blowie... etc.

Fantastic! I'd buy it if it was more expensive... And Iwant banananananas on the end - in caseI get peckish...

When is the 1.4 SilverSoakedSuperSpermer due out?

kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
meninblack wrote:

Allegro 1.3 Super
not evenAustin Motors could sell something with that name, so, what chance would there be fromthe 'Juan Que Wire'
wink.png
company:sw:
allrun.gif.2dcd1cfcd00feccff4530e9a308ebccd.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles