Wadia 6 i (Upgraded)

M

Mr Coherent

Wadia 6 cdp for sale, superb conditon just serviced, boxes, manuals, remote and the spiked feet.

THis unit was upgraded by Wadia to the 'i' version in 1999, which is basically the Wadia 860 board, with the BB1702' dac chips, Dip switches for selectable output volatges, better clock & reciever chip, smt components.

Further to this I have replaced all the capacitors on the dacboard with oscons and replaced the op-amps for some AD8610's.

A quality musical, flowing and really palpable solid 3d sound, thats flows.

£1400 ono.

Photo's on Request.

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
swop for a CD63 KI DP?
tongue.png

M

Mr Coherent

Very Kind offer Buscuit, however I will politely decline sir but thanks
smile.png

I noticed you are selling your AA as well

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
maybe - thinking about having a big change around!

If I can sell the Marantz - I'll be very tempted by this (depending how it sounds obviously)

PS if you know anybody who might be interested in the AA (its very good!) let me know:D

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Biscuit, i'm interested as to why you're suddenly relinquishing all of your kit.

Did the Bake-off last weekend have anything to do with your decision?

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
no, it was great to get home and listen to my kit after the bakeoff, having a system where everything was chosen to compliment the rest shouldn't be sneezed at!

but I'm considering something a bit different - maybe waiting a while before replacing what I sell (yeah right!) , I'm back to uni in January, and shouldn't really be wasting time on hifi!

Testure

Clean gloves hide dirty hands
Wammer Plus
Jul 21, 2005
West London/ Watford
AKA
Testy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Tony how does the 6 compare to the older 16? Heard a 16 ages ago, fantastic detail retrieval, but also a bit fatiguing after a while for me.

Testy

M

Mr Coherent

Testy,

2 versions of the 16, the i version was basically an 860.

I have to say, The 16 has never tired me, but do remember we dont run stock leads.

IT also had digital inputs and outputs, and a cmk3.2 mech

The 6 i has the same dac board, a Teac T1 transport mech and just digital outputs.

The mods performed to this player (plus regulator channge on the 5v dsp supply rail) & main smoothing/filtering caps replaced and a few sheets of ERS too.

Give this play real gravitas, solid 3d image, great flow and Prat coupled with a genuine even handed presentation. oh & nice detail too.

The 16 has more balls (not much now) but not as much flow or groove. T.

Testure

Clean gloves hide dirty hands
Wammer Plus
Jul 21, 2005
West London/ Watford
AKA
Testy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Mr Coherent wrote:

Testy,2 versions of the 16, the i version was basically an 860.

I have to say, The 16 has never tired me, but do remember we dont run stock leads.

IT also had digital inputs and outputs, and a cmk3.2 mech

The 6 i has the same dac board, a Teac T1 transport mech and just digital outputs.

The mods performed to this player (plus regulator channge on the 5v dsp supply rail) & main smoothing/filtering caps replaced and a few sheets of ERS too.

Give this play real gravitas, solid 3d image, great flow and Prat coupled with a genuine even handed presentation. oh & nice detail too.

The 16 has more balls (not much now) but not as much flow or groove. T.
Thanks,never could keep up with all the Wadia tweaks and upgrades. I rememberIcould have got one for around £1800I think (though don't think it was the i version) at theend of 1998, but ended up with the CD-7 instead:)

Testy

audio_excellence0

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2005
, ,
hi mate i see you have one of those not so fancey copper cd players, did you know you paid a grand for copper and a few parts if you kept it and got it modifed by me than you would end up with a £2500 giant kiler sorry no copper

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
sorry mate its gone - I talked to Mr C about upgrading it, but decided not to throw good money after bad - and sold it.

I think you do the KI modified one a disservice though - by the time I sold it, it was sounding very good indeed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles