Wam Show 2023-bad news?

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Guys, it may be worth leaving it for a few days which will allow the air to clear and for us (and the local hotel) to better understand what is happening. And let's not forget about the guys that work in the hotel, who we were praising a few days ago, they may have no jobs soon.

If true sad news for all involved but we will find somewhere else. The Show must go on.

tackleberry

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 28, 2010
Leeds..ish
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
we all bang on about how important rooms are to hifi. 80% of the rooms there were far from ideal. Unless it’s just for the craic, but I wouldn’t treck all my heavy gear and risk it for something I didn’t like the sound of when I set it up.

bandit pilot

Comfortably Numb
Staff member
Jul 19, 2007
North Nott's
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The place is run down, needs some money spending on it. Sorry just my opinion guys.
Did you ever exhibit at Scalford mate? Tbh I doubt that many hotels would even consider letting us lot go in and dismantle them for a weekend. Higher end ones even less. Then there's the cost of an upmarket venue. Exhibitors aren't selling or marketing or putting expenses claims in on tax returns like in trade shows. It is for the craic and always has been.

tackleberry

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 28, 2010
Leeds..ish
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I think what has been organised is absolutely brilliant. It’s not about that.

I appreciate ricks comments and understand.

It’s not for me then.

Reactions: hiesteem

DUVET

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2021
Middle
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The place is run down, needs some money spending on it. Sorry just my opinion guys.
Well it will have money spent on it by the Home office and a guaranteed income all year round . If I was in their ( Britannia ) position then its a no brainer .

Re Stoke a central location and price point that made Roo and Rachel feel comfortable if it fell apart . They have had no involvement in the Wam show since the last one at Scalford . Ultimately the show team we're playing with other peoples money. I am not going to over promise here but we are yes deflated but will pick ourselves up and begin again .

Danny

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The rooms weren't all massive, covered in suitable sound proofing and complemented by perfect height, soft leather furniture. The decor was not out of the latest Farrow and Ball colour chart either.

On the other hand, wake up. The show absolutely inevitably involves minor paint scuffs and knocks, spike marks in carpets, etc. We need something a little run down and shabby round the edges, because it's the real world. Anything better than a little run down and shabby round the edges won't have us. Simple.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles