mikedefacto

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
Liverpool
AKA
Mike
616fGhPTU4L.jpg

I thought I'd choose a classic electronic record. And after having a look through the previous WAC choices I realised there was nothing by Orb. Maybe that tells its own story :D But this record in my view is their finest, if not their most well known.

Seven dense, layered and rather psychedelic dub workouts in a continuous play format. If you can find a way to listen to this without adverts, you'll get more from it. Having said that, this is definitely not for everyone.

I'm posting from work so I can't link to spotify, but it is on there. Further, there was a later 2xCD release of this with remixes on the bonus disc. I am only suggesting listening to the original album.

I hope you enjoy it :)

notaclue

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Nowhere, West Europe
AKA
Duke of Steepletone
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not really my scene so don't know this. I am guessing it will be music for people on ecstasy. Or chilling out after taking ecstasy. Maybe in a field.

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
West Cheshire
AKA
Barry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Usually The Orb but on this release they credit themselves as Orb. Does it matter? :p
No not all, its just I thought I'd seen just Orb somewhere or other and was wondering if it was an official change of name.

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
West Cheshire
AKA
Barry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've also got a couple of Orb records, The Ultraworld and The Dream but not heard this.

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
West Cheshire
AKA
Barry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Whoops I mean The Orb :D

- - - Updated - - -

Bloody 'ell Steve give us a chance will ya !

Hayward

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 29, 2011
Not really my scene so don't know this. I am guessing it will be music for people on ecstasy. Or chilling out after taking ecstasy. Maybe in a field.
You er, sorted then Notty? :D

notaclue

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Nowhere, West Europe
AKA
Duke of Steepletone
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You don't have to be in a field on drugs to enjoy this... but perhaps it helps? :?

I dunno, I found this a bit hard to enjoy on a Tuesday morning in December. Some nice bits. Plenty of typical dance-y, trance-y ambient stuff. Sort of washed over me and I don't really remember it.

I would need to listen again to know what to make of it, but I don't think I will as I've never really liked this sort of thing much.

Ozexpat

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
the brewhouse
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I enjoy a bit of Electronica. I like it when it's sweeping soundscapes and swirls (think early TD and KW). After a quick listen, there are some parts of this album that I really enjoyed.....Plateau and Montagne D'Or especially. However, I really don't like the tinny drum machines and unfortunately they are there in abundance (obviously) in the "dancier" bits.

I would include the afore mentioned tracks on a compilation tape but wouldn't bother with the rest of the album.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k23435