Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wam Taxis are becoming more and more common as the Wam rank and file lose confidence in professional couriers' abilities and integrity.

Would it be a good idea, then, to provide a database (by means of this thread), for good rendezvous locations where we can meet and pick up and/or drop off equipment under own own steam..?

What we want is proximity to major routes, parking, toilet facilities and somewhere to wait inconspicuously and maybe grab a bite and a coffee.

Here are 3 quickies to get the ball rolling:

1. The Starbucks on the M23/A23 just north of the M25 junction. (Coming from the south you can cross the central reservation to reach it); Now ULEZ unfortunately..)
2. Leicester Forest East M1 (One of the few service stations with a bridge so you can meet despite travelling from opposite directions);
3. Brampton Hut - junction of A1 (M) and A14. Bang on the A14 near Huntingdon there is a cluster of likely watering holes e'g., a Starbucks and Brewers' Fayre on the left heading east on A14.

Jack NSM

Last edited:

orbscure

My God, its full of stars...
Wammer Plus
Aug 22, 2013
SE London/Surrey
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm between Jct 6 and 7 of the M25 and from the beginning of April, will be working from home on an almost full time basis... so I'm more than happy to hold onto kit for collection or transfer to another Wammer for a continued journey :)

jkbmusic

Staff member
Nov 25, 2006
Brittunculi
AKA
Jeff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
👍Good idea. Metro Centre Gateshead. A1 near Newcastle. Thousands of free parking spaces, some under cover. Plenty shops, restaurants, café, toilets etc., although no Hifi shops, there is an HMV.
2C49FAD1-6DF2-4D69-9B8B-028B577D8A33.gif
Edit:Worth mentioning Peter Tyson Hifi shop is only 5 miles north, and is worth a visit. They have gone for some really expensive high end gear. Now stock Mcintosh, Sonus Fabre, B&W Nautilus, B&O, Kef, etc. I have no connection, apart from being a customer who suffers from envy 😍.

Last edited:

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The M4 at Junction 13 has the Moto Chievely services accessible for both West and East-bound traffic. It’s a handy rendezvous I’ve used more than once.

Similarly, the M42 south of Birmingham has the Hopwood Park Services at Junction 2, not far from the M5. I met an eBay buyer there, and again the services are shared whichever direction you approach.

Both of these offer the usual coffee shops and fast food options.

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
M5 Junction 12 (Quedgeley Interchange) is a good one - its the A38/M5 junction and there are all sorts of watering holes and eating houses if you use 3rd exit southwards on M5 and 1st exit Northbound i.e., its amenable N-S.

Made use of it on the March Taxi.
Jack.

Reactions: Cool Dude Ted

bigfool1956

Old Progger
Wammer Plus
Jul 15, 2008
Littlehampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The M4 at Junction 13 has the Moto Chievely services accessible for both West and East-bound traffic. It’s a handy rendezvous I’ve used more than once.

Similarly, the M42 south of Birmingham has the Hopwood Park Services at Junction 2, not far from the M5. I met an eBay buyer there, and again the services are shared whichever direction you approach.

Both of these offer the usual coffee shops and fast food options.
Also this services is at the intersection of the M4 and the A34, so great for north/south as well.

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm approx. 4 minutes from J24 / M62 (middle of 3x Huddersfield junctions AKA Ainley Top) and happy to baby sit kit

excellent coffee and tea (if you must) always on tap with toilet facilities if you need a good break rather than drop and run!

kind regards,
Paul

Audio Al

Confirmed Super Numpty
Wammer
Nov 4, 2012
Boston, Lincs
AKA
Allen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have storage room and a bed available , However i'm in Boston PE21 area so somewhat off the beaten track

Last edited:
Reactions: Non-Smoking Man

Olaup

New Wammer
Nov 6, 2021
Merseyside
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm on Merseyside so happy to oblige with any help if required.

Also on the way to Pitlochry on June 13th for any up North haulages but that can only be a single unit box as the car will have 3 people in it with luggage already. My route will be M6/A74/A9 up towards Perth.

Out of interest anyone near Lougborough ?

Ady

Shoebox Ady. United by a love of music & equipment
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm on Merseyside so happy to oblige with any help if required.

Also on the way to Pitlochry on June 13th for any up North haulages but that can only be a single unit box as the car will have 3 people in it with luggage already. My route will be M6/A74/A9 up towards Perth.

Out of interest anyone near Lougborough ?
Depending on traffic etc I'm about half an hour away from Loughborough.
Cheers Ady

Amormusic

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm happy to be a pickup/dropoff point for anyone that wants stuff moved north/south of me and waiting for the next leg of a sales trip to move kit around.

I'm in Bristol.

Good coffee on arrival, tick 👍... and a quick listen with the dropper-off, before said kit gets safely stored for the picker-upper, tick 👍.

*Edit: available from a few weeks onwards once my building works are finished.

Last edited:

Ady

Shoebox Ady. United by a love of music & equipment
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Ady but too late now, eBay sale ended, it was pick up only.
Okay that's a shame. Well, you know where I am for future reference.
Cheers Ady

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles