Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Oh my goodness ...not seen one for decades ..occassionally see a power amp but never a pre . This will be interesting

Reactions: GLB

GLB

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2015
Newquey Cornwall
AKA
Chris Schwar
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There's a D3 in Spain for 1400 euro but with duties and import would be nearer 2k tempted though

GLB

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2015
Newquey Cornwall
AKA
Chris Schwar
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes to go with my gamut d200 , no they are not passive although the original sirius one was

Carlbkk1

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 27, 2014
Bangkok
AKA
Carl
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A dealer that I know and I’ve bought from is selling off all its Gamut and Townshend stuff as it changes lines, so brand new.

I see the D3i on their list for £5000 with the current t exchange rate, which makes it a lot cheaper than the usual local RRP but unfortunately not that cheap at all for UK standards.

GLB

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2015
Newquey Cornwall
AKA
Chris Schwar
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A dealer that I know and I’ve bought from is selling off all its Gamut and Townshend stuff as it changes lines, so brand new.

I see the D3i on their list for £5000 with the current t exchange rate, which makes it a lot cheaper than the usual local RRP but unfortunately not that cheap at all for UK standards.
Thanks yeh 5k is way out my budget but then brand new

ovlov854

Super Wammer
Wammer
Feb 2, 2013
Solihull
AKA
Martin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Presumably this dealer is abroad somewhere. Then factor in Import Duty and Import VAT................:devilish:

Personally I would look for a very good valve pre to go with your D200
My own Hovland and Sirius is still very hard to beat IMHO

GLB

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2015
Newquey Cornwall
AKA
Chris Schwar
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Presumably this dealer is abroad somewhere. Then factor in Import Duty and Import VAT................:devilish:

Yes already got a wanted add for a valve pre as i read this was the way to go

Bogart

Bogart
Wammer
Nov 18, 2020
Norwich
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

The import VAT should not matter as it should be deducted from the selling price by the overseas dealer. Still get stung for import duties and any other taxes old Jeremy might have dreampt up this morning.

Carlbkk1

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 27, 2014
Bangkok
AKA
Carl
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The import VAT should not matter as it should be deducted from the selling price by the overseas dealer. Still get stung for import duties and any other taxes old Jeremy might have dreampt up this morning.
Yes, if the dealer was exporting. I'd offer an international Wamtaxi though as I'll be coming back to the UK next week, so zero duty (if it's less than 30kg!). I've transported a lot of my kit back and forth the same way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles