Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'll dig in the garage as well. I need to sort out some others, but IIRC, I have some 4003s.

JamieMcC

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 25, 2013
Isle of Wight
AKA
Jamie
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
If interested the ones you sold me about a year ago are available I tried them in my amp for an afternoon about three hours at most but then went back to the original Sylvania 12BH7A.

They have sat in the draw ever since.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If interested the ones you sold me about a year ago are available I tried them in my amp for an afternoon about three hours at most but then went back to the original Sylvania 12BH7A.

They have sat in the draw ever since.
Go ahead by all means.

Despite vague attempts to reduce the mountain, I'm never as desperate as I ought to be to part with any valves.

You can all now be blessed by the mental image of me crouched in my boxers, cradling some 300Bs in the middle of the night and mumbling 'precious' repeatedly.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Will have a look later Phil. I may well have a pair.

JamieMcC

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 25, 2013
Isle of Wight
AKA
Jamie
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Go ahead by all means.

Despite vague attempts to reduce the mountain, I'm never as desperate as I ought to be to part with any valves.

You can all now be blessed by the mental image of me crouched in my boxers, cradling some 300Bs in the middle of the night and mumbling 'precious' repeatedly.

I know that feeling it's really hard to let go 😁

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I know that feeling it's really hard to let go 😁
I'm far from the only one with a hoard that is way beyond any definition of 'reasonable'. The trouble is, most of them are old and good. The other trouble is the constant fear of selling things that you later find a use for.

Over the years, I've let go of a lot of power valves and rectifiers, though I've still got way more than I could ever build around. I've hung on to most 9-pin and octals though, and almost all the other base types, other than things that are purely TV or RF use.

I need to get more discplined though. It takes me a good few hours to find anything and there's all manner of stuff buried at the back of the garage that I haven't even seen for years.

Reactions: JamieMcC and Lokes

Lokes

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 15, 2010
Pontypridd
AKA
Aardvark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm far from the only one with a hoard that is way beyond any definition of 'reasonable'. The trouble is, most of them are old and good. The other trouble is the constant fear of selling things that you later find a use for.

Over the years, I've let go of a lot of power valves and rectifiers, though I've still got way more than I could ever build around. I've hung on to most 9-pin and octals though, and almost all the other base types, other than things that are purely TV or RF use.

I need to get more discplined though. It takes me a good few hours to find anything and there's all manner of stuff buried at the back of the garage that I haven't even seen for years.
I've got enough to keep me going well into the 2nd lifetime, I've tried having a word with myself but to no avail

JamieMcC

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 25, 2013
Isle of Wight
AKA
Jamie
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
It's a matter of perspective if you think of your valve stash as a retirement fund it's probably a significantly better return than keeping money in the bank!

Your a pretty insightful and shrewd investor in reality 😁

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's a matter of perspective if you think of your valve stash as a retirement fund it's probably a significantly better return than keeping money in the bank!

Your a pretty insightful and shrewd investor in reality 😁
But to show ROI, you have to sell stuff :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: JamieMcC

audioed

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 8, 2011
Lancashire
AKA
Ed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Probably not what you want but I have matched pairs of NOS Miliary Stock Tungsram 12AX7/ECC83, 1970’s Hungary.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Probably not what you want but I have matched pairs of NOS Miliary Stock Tungsram 12AX7/ECC83, 1970’s Hungary.
They're reputedly very good, but CV4003 is 12AU7 equivalent, not 12AX7.

Wenge1

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Sep 19, 2021
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

There not valves your cradling ............ :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles