Watford Valves - anyone use them?

M

MJ.

Used Watford valves a few times and found them to have OK prices and good service.

Prefer Lorenz at wiwi tubes. Excellent prices, customer service and knowledge. Delivery only a few days and no import duty (so far).

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
They are my first stop for valves - have always been very good.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Watford are very good for 'cooking' tubes. Excellent service and the only time I had a dud from them it was replaced straight away with no hassle.

Lorenz at wiwi is, apart from the daft name, bloody brilliant. Not always the cheapest, but does source some really top class stuff.

Other than that, it's down to the insane money NOS stuff and if you're going that route, then you either pay crazy prices or it's a gamble.

AlanB

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 20, 2007
West Midlands
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Watford are very good for 'cooking' tubes. Excellent service and the only time I had a dud from them it was replaced straight away with no hassle.Lorenz at wiwi is, apart from the daft name, bloody brilliant. Not always the cheapest, but does source some really top class stuff.

Other than that, it's down to the insane money NOS stuff and if you're going that route, then you either pay crazy prices or it's a gamble.
Totally agree with all the above.

Been using and recommending Lorenz for years and can only speak good of him.

Watford Valves give excellent service but for the life of me I cannot fathom the VAT on the postage.

• Upvote
Reactions: Ward

Valvebloke

Wammer
Dec 3, 2009
Didcot, Oxon
AKA
Graeme
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Malc50

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 3, 2012
Essex
I tried to use Watford valves and after talking to them they wouldn't sell me any valves as said the problem was else where. They were right !!! Excellent service, use with confidence !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles