Wammer
Wammer
May 2, 2006
Boredsville, , Unite
52_52.gif.e7819fa8e7d4f2f3fde0ccbe63a52c2a.gif

quick though

E

earl of sodbury

That is so ugly it actually, genuinely, hurts my eyes to look at it - looks like some massive fat guy sat on the bonnet of an origami racing car... Hit by the ugly stick is one thing, but this poor thing's been bludgeoned to death with it...

Borats Baby

Wammer
Wammer
May 2, 2006
Boredsville, , Unite
earl of sodbury wrote:

That is so ugly it actually, genuinely, hurts my eyes to look at it - looks like some massive fat guy sat on the bonnet of an origami racing car... Hit by the ugly stick is one thing, but this poor thing's been bludgeoned to death with it...
Makes the Hovis Hauler look like a supermodel !!!

E

earl of sodbury

Borats Baby wrote:

earl of sodbury wrote:
Makes the Hovis Hauler look like a supermodel !!!
True. As I've said before I like the looks of the Hovis Hauler - I am weird though.

auralflea

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 12, 2006
Black Country
AKA
Kevin
I think it would be helped tremendously by a better colour scheme! That vomit orange is truly appalling. Gunmetal grey or BRG (and NOT that frankly ridiculous 2-tone design either) would improve it.

Certainly will never compete with a Ford GT40 for looks, will it?
sad.png

Ford-GT40.jpg

Borats Baby

Wammer
Wammer
May 2, 2006
Boredsville, , Unite
Aural Flea wrote:

I think it would be helped tremendously by a better colour scheme! That vomit orange is truly appalling. Gunmetal grey or BRG (and NOT that frankly ridiculous 2-tone design either) would improve it.Certainly will never compete with a Ford GT40 for looks, will it?
sad.png

Ford-GT40.jpg
There was a showroom down the road from where I used to work who had a GT40 in there. Was painted in mother of pearl .

dribble.gif.d7c791c8c1fcd106b5acaa26ef2a6658.gif
:22:

JPG

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 26, 2007
Bristol
AKA
James
Aural Flea wrote:

I think it would be helped tremendously by a better colour scheme! That vomit orange is truly appalling. Gunmetal grey or BRG (and NOT that frankly ridiculous 2-tone design either) would improve it.Certainly will never compete with a Ford GT40 for looks, will it?
sad.png

Ford-GT40.jpg
But even the Gt will never compete with the real GT40 for looks. And- my Dad drove a real GT40 once. But that Weber is seriously ugly. And an aerodynamic disaster- a flat front, FFS. We left those behind after the 60s. Possibly improve grip, though.

auralflea

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 12, 2006
Black Country
AKA
Kevin
On my quick perusal, couldn't find a pic of an original GT40 - thanks for yours
wink.png

Agree that the original is better, however this is one of the few times where a 'successor brand' actually warrants the name, at least for looks! No idea about performance or handling on the newer one?

Kevin

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
JPG wrote:

Aural Flea wrote:
sad.png

Ford-GT40.jpg
But even the Gt will never compete with the real GT40 for looks. And- my Dad drove a real GT40 once. But that Weber is seriously ugly. And an aerodynamic disaster- a flat front, FFS. We left those behind after the 60s. Possibly improve grip, though.
This may be heresy, and I accept there is very little in it. But I much prefer the new GT.

allrun.gif.2dcd1cfcd00feccff4530e9a308ebccd.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OpenSea_0