Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2012
exeter
AKA
john
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
ah great glad youre back jon, i too have been using the taco mix and its right good. Its my favourite so far. Looking forward to your recipe

Samantha

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 17, 2007
South Lincolnshire
AKA
Samantha
No worries from me - I haven't yet been able to get the additional ingredients to do the Laska so I'm a bit behind myself.

The piri piri we tried on Friday was lovely though :^

belloire

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2011
West Yorkshire, UK
AKA
Darren
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
looking forward to the taco mix. not made the tarka daal yet, but will do in early July.

think the tagine has been my fave of the 3 i've done, still got some left in the freezer, but don't want to eat it as there'll be none left :(

i can see John's going to end up like my spice dealer........

Ward

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2010
AKA
Ward
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Samantha, we made the Laska without using any galangal, but have since discovered that our local Sainsbury's have it on the shelf if you are still struggling to find some.

No worries from me - I haven't yet been able to get the additional ingredients to do the Laska so I'm a bit behind myself.The piri piri we tried on Friday was lovely though :^

leenorris78

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 1, 2009
London - SE23 -HOP
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I have been a bit slow off the mark with some of these spice mixes. They have been in the fridge for about a year and seem to have kept their freshness.

I used this mix to marinate some chicken slices and used it as a fajita seasoning mix last night.

Twas lovely.

I aim to cook one a week.

TheMinimalCriminal

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 19, 2010
Villereal, France
AKA
Jon
Unfortunately, John has stopped doing the recipes for spice club, so you'll have to do some research of your own for weeks 6-10. The mixes themselves are really great however.

leenorris78

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 1, 2009
London - SE23 -HOP
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Unfortunately, John has stopped doing the recipes for spice club, so you'll have to do some research of your own for weeks 6-10. The mixes themselves are really great however.
As I understand, this is the case. Still, makes it a bit more fun trying to work out when/where the spice actually goes into the recipe.

Now to find out what Chemoulla is..........???

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, a fish spice.

I have some swordfish sitting in the freezer. YUM!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles