Weiss medea

ronc

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 14, 2006
Gold Coast Australia
AKA
Ron
I am being offered one of these, but not yet heard it. Dealer making some fantastic claims for it.

Anyone heard them? Dealer says better than dCS.

G

amedia.jpg

Lat one i saw was £9000 AT HIFIGUY. Never heard one i'm afraid.

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
I vaguely recall that (maybe) Hifi+ gushed about this at some point? Apparently it is very good - proof is in the pudding though, good luck! The matching 'Jason' transport looks quite nice too.

M

Mr Coherent

I have own the transport and dac combo, to my ears a lot more musical than the DCS stack, presenation is a sideways move rather than a forward one IMO

Nice kit.

ronc

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 14, 2006
Gold Coast Australia
AKA
Ron
Deal may be off, actually. Think I'm being scammed over the (e-bay) sale of my dCS Elgar and Purcell, consequently can't have two systems.

Buyer in France sent part payment (£876 of £3,876) with promise of more, because he had trouble with Pay Pal accepting large amount from credit card. I was suspicious (unverified Pay Pal address did not match his "at work" delivery address), and didn't attempt to access the money until it was all there. Next thing: money is gone, and guy asks me if there is a problem with my Pay Pal account, because each payment he tries to make is cancelled. Several days elapsed before the Pay Pal initial payment disappeared, which makes me wonder what the scam is, but the message from Pay Pal clearly states that payment has been cancelled by Pierreuqoil, or whatever his name is.

Huge embarrassment now with the seller of the Weiss Medea.

On the bright side, got myself a Wadia 270 transport (2nd hand, sadly unmodified) today - thanks to Mr Coherent (Tony) for the advice.

M

Mr Coherent

Ron,

All I can say is when I first starting using paypal I had the same problem.

A direct bank transfer is the only way IMO

G

Sorry to hear about that ronc. Still if the seller of the Weiss is a geniune guy he'll understand this sort of sugar happens. Be positive at least you still got your kit and didn't let it go for the princely sum of £876.
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

M

Mr Coherent

Real grief in sending more than £650 $1000 in a single transaction, however you can send mulitpules of that value as long as you don't exceed that value.

Took 3 months before they lifted the limit Ron.

kennyk

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
thecrossovernetwork,
I successfully sent nearly $2000 to a seller in the US via paypal in one go.

the snag came when I went to pay for my petrol in the garage later the same day and my card was declined despite still having funds available.
icon_redface.gif.eb51a1f92a0314cdfc14dd3cb4473da1.gif

so he's either scamming or skint. either way the trust is probably gone and you'd be better walking away from the sale, I suspect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichShortland