Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
(Earl; you're going to love this!!)

My CDP is refusing to play Love Over Gold. Put it in - I get a squeeking noise followed by error. Works ok in the car and on the pc.

Given it a clean - no difference. Had the odd one jump before but a quick wipe sorts it out.

Anyone experienced the same?

No comments please about either the CD or indeed the player!!!

kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
probably an off-centre pressing that the Car player can managed to follow better than the home player.

never mind. it's not a public enquiry
wink.png

Emma Royd

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
May 10, 2006
Dartford
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Get a turntable Strat,just played telegraph road on seedy,not a patch on the vinyl.

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The Strat wrote:

My CDP is refusing to play Love Over Gold. Put it in - I get a squeeking noise followed by error.
That's what it's supposed to sound like, isn't it?
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif

On my CDP this disc produces a squeeking noise followed by a load of old bollocks.
wink.png

B

batman

perhaps youre cdp has been hit with a severe case of good taste ..
tongue.png

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Strat wrote:

(Earl; you're going to love this!!)My CDP is refusing to play Love Over Gold. Put it in - I get a squeeking noise followed by error. Works ok in the car and on the pc.

Given it a clean - no difference. Had the odd one jump before but a quick wipe sorts it out.

And people have a go at naim kit.:lmao::lmao::lmao: Bloody marvelous. Where can I get one?
allrun.gif.2dcd1cfcd00feccff4530e9a308ebccd.gif

major-tom

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 3, 2007
cheshire
AKA
Chas.
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Strat....See my thread on the Naim forum (music section) re. the same problem with CDX2 & Donald Fagen CD. Good advice lies therin.

SSM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Tipoca City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is this CD one of those copy-protected editions? Mebbe that's why it can't be played?

My Pet Shop Boys Pop Art is one such anal edition and when it gets slotted in my mate's Marantz cdp there are sporadic clicks/bumps in the middle of some tracks.
glum.gif.19305e5ca189352e84c85f8ec971e437.gif

SS

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
HiFiWigWam wrote:

The Strat wrote:
(Earl; you're going to love this!!)My CDP is refusing to play Love Over Gold. Put it in - I get a squeeking noise followed by error. Works ok in the car and on the pc.

And people have a go at naim kit.:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Nope Naim kit's good its the sheep

ESK

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 25, 2005
Edinburgh, , United
AKA
Euan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've just bought a Mozart CD that I only get sound through one channel. If I play it on the XBOX it plays fine.

Go figure.

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Strat wrote:

I don't think the Dire Straights albums are copy protected. Try it on the computer and if it is readable then make a copy for the hifi and see if it plays there.

If you can copy this one then undoubtedly what I say about copies sounding better than the original should definitely hold up here.

Uzzy:nerd:

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
Well, obviously the micro-processors in the CDP have started to develop intelligence, hence aesthetic judgement and musical taste.

You read it hear first: the Big Tent has invented/discovered Artificial Intelligence on the cheap!!!!!!!!!

Amazed Boxer

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles