Joelsim

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 3, 2009
London
AKA
Joel
Obviously.

What do you think of the last few performances, I've been quite heartened after the shambles at the Euros last year. Good that Roy's bringing youth through.

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
We played like our premiership teams do the last two games which was brilliant to watch, I can't remember us doing that in the past (just going for it ).

Unfortunately that is not going to win us any cups, to build up an English squad of top class players we need to restrict the foreign players in our domestic game.

pure sound

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 10, 2011
West Devon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'd rather see an england team that had a go & had some urgency rather than the hoof it long, rabbit in the headlights, give the ball away rubbish we usually have to endure. I'd rather they failed, even with youngsters, but playing as they have in the last two games

bandit pilot

Comfortably Numb
Staff member
Jul 19, 2007
North Nott's
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm not a footballist, never have been, don't even want to be. But I have watched a game or 2 during world cups etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do the England squad have a built in off switch every time they score a goal? I mean, every time they score, it's off the gas until the other side score.

Watching the other teams, particularly the south Americas, they seem to turn up to play for the whole 90 minutes, and not just at goal o'clock.

Just my observations of course.

Joelsim

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 3, 2009
London
AKA
Joel
Are you Brazillian? :)
No, but I like a Brazilian

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather see an england team that had a go & had some urgency rather than the hoof it long, rabbit in the headlights, give the ball away rubbish we usually have to endure. I'd rather they failed, even with youngsters, but playing as they have in the last two games
I couldn't agree more. It's actually been decent to watch. The youngsters seem to have brought some passion, and some skill. Just need to learn how to keep that hot potato for longer than 3 seconds now.

- - - Updated - - -

'We're going to win the World Cup'.You are deluded/mistaken.
Yes I am. In reality we will squeeze into the QFs and then lose on penalties. Given we are unseeded it may even be a stretch to 'achieve' that.

Gromit

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2006
Yellowbellyshire
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes we are going to win the world cup, 8-0 in the final when we beat Brazil in their home stadium, Rooney to score 4. I may be slightly mad though :close:
mainImage.jpg

pmac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2005
Yes we are going to win the world cup, 8-0 in the final when we beat Brazil in their home stadium, Rooney to score 4. I may be slightly mad though :close:
Never read so much rubbish :doh:

Everybody knows Brazil will score one

8-1 then :dunno:

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It has been one thing to see Roy send his side out to beat pretty poor opposition when it was all we could do and he was backed in to a corner . It will be quite another when he faces some half decent teams and we need to get through a group stage. I sadly think Roy will revert to type and go back to the negative dont take chances a draw is good enough mentality he seems to have had all his career .

la toilette

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 7, 2010
Par la rivière Yeo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think shortly after landing in Brazil Roy will crack from the pressure of it all, and will be last seen scampering off into the backstreets of Sao Paulo on all fours in a giant soiled man nappy.

Relieved of Roy's restrictive tactics England will be rampant and play with gay abandon, leaving all opposition broken in their wake. Before losing to whoever on penalties in the semi's.

Tell me I'm wrong, I dare you.

Joelsim

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 3, 2009
London
AKA
Joel
I presume that is the Rugby World Cup in 2015 you are talking about? England are definitely in with a chance. :)
Really? Bob Hope.

- - - Updated - - -

I think shortly after landing in Brazil Roy will crack from the pressure of it all, and will be last seen scampering off into the backstreets of Sao Paulo on all fours in a giant soiled man nappy. Relieved of Roy's restrictive tactics England will be rampant and play with gay abandon, leaving all opposition broken in their wake. Before losing to whoever on penalties in the semi's.

You're not wrong. I can foresee a couple of dour 0-0s, with England having 25% of possession before that happens.

Roy will describe it as 'A masterful defensive performance'.

mj446

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2012
Fife
AKA
Martin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think shortly after landing in Brazil Roy will crack from the pressure of it all, and will be last seen scampering off into the backstreets of Sao Paulo on all fours in a giant soiled man nappy. Relieved of Roy's restrictive tactics England will be rampant and play with gay abandon, leaving all opposition broken in their wake. Before losing to whoever on penalties in the semi's.

Oooh, a dare, so "You're wrong", Na Na Nee Na Na.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles