What are you listening to right now?

John (big)

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 3, 2012
N W London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Morning Has Broken : Cat Stevens NKA Yusuf Islam. The single of Morning Has Broken was recorded 1971 released 1972 this compilation vinyl LP recorded over several years released 1981 on Island Records.

Cat Stevens' recording, with piano arranged and performed by Rick Wakeman, led to international recognition of the song. In a radio interview RW said he had agreed to perform on the Cat Stevens track for £10 and was "shattered" that he was omitted from the credits, adding that he never received the money either. after his hiatus due to near fatal TB & religious conversion, on his return to performance as Yusuf Islam, Stevens paid Wakeman and apologized for the original non-payment, apparently it had been an admin cockup.

Morning Has Broken the hymn was 45 seconds & considered to short for a single, with Wakeman's help became nearly 3 minutes This album I bought new in 1981 because I liked Cat Stevens a well produced & mixed album great songs & singing. It still works today.

Early 1971 I had gone to a valley in the Lake District I was walking through the yard of a farm a man was leading a very large bull across the yard on a rope halter it did not have a nose ring. A frightened motorist turning their car thought the bull too close & sounded their horn the normally placid bull went mad there were lots of tourists about I grabbed the halter from the farmer dug my elbow into it's neck & pulled it's head round via the rope halter, after some spinning on the spot a little running up & down I calmed the bull down & gave the famer the halter & continued my walk.

The following year I was on a fell walk when the younger brother of the farmer saw & recognised me he said that his brother never had a chance to thank me, we met I found out he had just spent spent 18 months in hospital coming out a few days before the bull incident, thanks to an American on the wrong side of the road head on Cadillac vs Cortina no contest.
I discovered the bull story had travelled the valley & opened a lot of doors for me, the bull had gone on later in the year to win Largest live weight gain at the Perth show.

cat stevens.jpg

maddog_007

maddog_007
Wammer Plus
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I used cassettes in my car & travelling from Guterloh in Germany to the UK took about 8 hrs to the channel ferry & this album was playing all the way on one trip👌🏻😝
Cassettes were a great invention!.
Just not very robust when they were used continuously!...

I carried two 'attache' style cases full of them when I wascaway at sea....they (in all their musical varieties), kept me sane and were handy for the odd on board party!.

They're still upstairs...too much history to discard them all. Still have a Yamaha deck in the loft.

First musicassette I saw must have been late 60's early 70's Simon & Garfunkel's Bridge over Troubled Water...one of my well off cousins from the Gloucester area brought up his cassette recorder and an early calculator...Wow! Felt like Star Trek had come down to Tiree! 😀.

• Love
Reactions: John (big) and MVJ

MVJ

I'm an Entheogenic Type Ozric Tentacles Shpongler
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
Guiseley, Leeds,
AKA
Steve,
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cassettes were a great invention!.
Just not very robust when they were used continuously!...

I carried two 'attache' style cases full of them when I wascaway at sea....they (in all their musical varieties), kept me sane and were handy for the odd on board party!.

They're still upstairs...too much history to discard them all. Still have a Yamaha deck in the loft.

First musicassette I saw must have been late 60's early 70's Simon & Garfunkel's Bridge over troubled Water...one of my well off cousins from Gloucester area brought up his cassette recorder and an early calculator...wow! Felt like Star Trek had come down to Tiree! 😀.
I had something similar held about 100 cassettes in it which I rotated with stuff in my room. I think they may have been left in the first house I rented when I got discharged🫣

maddog_007

maddog_007
Wammer Plus
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not played a cassette since the early 90s & can't even remember where my collection went. They were a brilliant music format it enabled me to have music where ever I got posted I have fond memories of that time in my life.😀

Here's a few lying about my cd rack...

** dragged the cd cases out of a cupboard......been round the globe a few times!.***

Attachments

• 20221109_135151.jpg
    20221109_135151.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 20221109_140435.jpg
    20221109_140435.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20221109_140444.jpg
    20221109_140444.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20221109_140627.jpg
    20221109_140627.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

AJSki2fly

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 1, 2018
East Devon
AKA
Adrian
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
On QoBuz

Gravy Train – Staircase To The Day
Genre: Rock
Style: Prog Rock
Year: 1974
MS5qcGVn.jpeg

Reactions: John (big)

maddog_007

maddog_007
Wammer Plus
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Of course! I did my time & chose to hit civvie street best thing I ever did cos I met my lovely wife Hilary and changed my life for very much the better😍😝
Like me it probably took you ages to get used to 'civvie street'....
So many fell by the wayside with no support available back then.
Good to hear you settled down with a good woman!.

Reactions: MVJ

MVJ

I'm an Entheogenic Type Ozric Tentacles Shpongler
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
Guiseley, Leeds,
AKA
Steve,
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Like me it probably took you ages to get used to 'civvie street'....
So many fell by the wayside with no support available back then.
Good to hear you settled down with a good woman!.
I look back & have few regrets mate but I did struggle for sure.👍

• Upvote
Reactions: maddog_007

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tester123