What do you plan on showing? (current thoughts)

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Okay I know there's a way to go but since there's no activity in this section whilst we await the kit sheet and pricing. Thought I'd get peeps to put up their current thinking on what kit they're going to bring.
For myself I've decided to make my life easy this time round after 3 shows where I've dragged my main system up country. The plan is to exhibit system 2 which doesn't require a big vehicle to transport or assistance to load up. So, what, does the system consist of:

Very early, unmolested Garrard 401 (replinthed) serial No 1205 (April 63)
Rega R200 (the vinyl source rewired)
4 carts on Rega headshells, A&R P77 Mg, RigB VM95ML, AT OC5, EEI 555MCP
EEI adjustable active headamp
QED Discsaver (mm phono)
Mk1 Marantz CD63SE
Cambridge Audio C50 & A50
KEF 104ab (with Wilmslow Audio crossovers)
DNM Reson SCs
And hopefully I can get some of my 80s QED interconnects back from my mate, but still have and use the 0.5m Monster cable IC I bought in 87.

IMG20230204183227.jpg
IMG20230204183213.jpg

Last edited:

Amormusic

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm guessing I've missed a sign-up thread somewhere then?

I think I will have a crack this time with a room. My rig will be:

851N streamer / 6000CDT > D33 DAC,
Maybe my Walker TT with VM95ML and origin live kit.
All fed to my fully rebuilt 1961 Leak Stereo 20 with vintage Mullards.
Played by my ART Alnico 8 Signature speakers.

TQ Black II S/C and Waveform digital coax and then some Crystal Cables and various power cables, plus my Isotek conditioner jobbie.

My music will be awesome! Loads of stuff you've never heard.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As usual, depends on what's working, what's finished and what sounds OK by the date.

Like you though (John), the plan here is for stuff that's lighter. I may even risk the wrath of the spirits, and try a solid-state power amp, though it will still be valves everywhere else. Every time I lug the 845 anywhere, I say 'never again'.

Cambs12

Apr 11, 2010
Cambridgeshire
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As usual, depends on what's working, what's finished and what sounds OK by the date.

Like you though (John), the plan here is for stuff that's lighter. I may even risk the wrath of the spirits, and try a solid-state power amp, though it will still be valves everywhere else. Every time I lug the 845 anywhere, I say 'never again'.

I'll just put 845 under amps for you in the spreadsheet 😄

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well so far my thoughts have not changed over the system I will be bringing but certain parts of it are currently in and out .

Those items confirmed are

Raspberry Pi 4 with Max2play distro running Logitech Media Server with Crucial SSD 2TB USB hard drive .

Meridian 200 CD Transport

2 X Quad 405 Power Amplifiers

MiniDSP DDRC 24HD Digital Crossover / DIRAC Live DSP / Digital volume control .

Linn Sara 9 Speakers.

Now the Digital player may be a little fluid . I might use the O2 Joggler flashed to a Squeezelite player that is in the system now . Or I could put in my Allo Digione Signature player .

I will also add in a GD Audio DDC which will add a decent uplift to whatever player I use .

After Stoke I will also being a iFi Bluetooth hobby and my Astell & Kern player just in case the Wi-Fi in this hotel does not work so I will still have music to play .

harv

Hard working slacker
Wammer Plus
Jan 5, 2006
deepest S.London, ,
AKA
erm... guess
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thinking of bringing the Yam NS1000s and one of the Krell's this year... But depends if others are bringing Yams in which case I might revert back to the Focals.

But of course who knows what I'll think or own in 6 months time 😁

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles