What's with the graveyard?

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Seriously, what's gone wrong this year, 11 weeks to the main event and it's dead in here.
No 50 page banter thread, no pie or curry co-ordinator threads. Nothing.

Reactions: newlash09

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m sure once we ask for payment it will kick off!

to be clear I simply do not have the time to sort pies out, maybe a local wammer could sort or I can ask the hotel?

kind regards
Paul
PS I expect a local guide for curry on Friday and Sunday nights

DUVET

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2021
Middle
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The pace will pick up now John /some announcements and updates in the next few days. The show team are no spring chickens . We need to pace ourselves for the next three months

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@DUVET @Maverick Not have a dig at you guys, just trying to get all the other reprobates to kick the posting up a gear. Maybe @TheFlash for Pieman as he can source the real McCoy as opposed to locally made imposter pork pies. Then as you say, a local as our curry guide

Reactions: Tony_J and DUVET

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
11 weeks! Starting to loom on the horizon then. Need to make a decision on the new cartridge and buy a bit more music.

Also need to work out how I can pack the speakers safely for transport - any tips? - plus, of course, order the hire van to fit them in.

Reactions: Sir_Franc

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You rang, sir?

Can I borrow your flutey thing? Then I could do a Pied Piper job: a grand ceremonial entrance, perhaps dressed somewhat gaily (steady), carrying a box (or pushing a wheelbarrow, according to volume), smells wafting (and perhaps some pie odours too), followed by a loyal band of pie-o-philes. We’ll obviously need someone to bring up the rear (crikey, you’re a frisky lot tonight) with a mop and bucket to stop the drool becoming a health & safety hazard, but it should be doable.

No fancy pies though. None of that bloody pickle malarkey. No bloody vegan pies or chocolate coated pies or whatever the flavour of the day is. Proper Melton Mowbray pork pies.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
New cartridge ordered (ouch!). Went for the Dynavector over the Hana.

Definitely going to need a pork pie after that 👍
Look on the bright side. With this weather, you're not going to be going anywhere near it with a wool jumper :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: lostwin

audio_PHIL_e

audioPHILe
Wammer
Jul 21, 2020
The wrong planet
soundcloud.com
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Shame about the gelatin they put in most pork pies. I did come across a product that was filled with meat up to the top, no air gap, no gelatin, it was excellent, but that was a local job and nothing you'd get tens of miles away (let alone hundreds)

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Shame about the gelatin they put in most pork pies. I did come across a product that was filled with meat up to the top, no air gap, no gelatin, it was excellent, but that was a local job and nothing you'd get tens of miles away (let alone hundreds)
The jelly is the best bit!

Love me a nice pork pie - where do I sign up for a few of them? 😋

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Have to admit I have been in the background on this for a while as I still have not got my three way system working and time is passing quickly . I need to get myself out of my rut and at least get things started but been a little difficult . Just come back from ten days in Ibiza visiting family which has been a good circuit breaker so hopefully I can at least get some energy and start fixing things .

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Chaps, For any newbies or people not sure about setting up in hotels I have managed to persuade Micky and Darko from Audionote (the man responsible for their shows and their product designer with Andy Groves) to wander around on Saturday and help people set up their systems. These guys know all there is to know about audio and will help or assist if needed to get the best out of your systems. No, they are not there to lug your heavy speakers but get the best from your system if you want it. If you have refreshments I am sure they would not be above accepting them but there are a lot of rooms. Trust me these guys KNOW what they are talking about.

Ady

Shoebox Ady. United by a love of music & equipment
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Chaps, For any newbies or people not sure about setting up in hotels I have managed to persuade Micky and Darko from Audionote (the man responsible for their shows and their product designer with Andy Groves) to wander around on Saturday and help people set up their systems. These guys know all there is to know about audio and will help or assist if needed to get the best out of your systems. No, they are not there to lug your heavy speakers but get the best from your system if you want it. If you have refreshments I am sure they would not be above accepting them but there are a lot of rooms. Trust me these guys KNOW what they are talking about.
That's good to know as being a newbie I have no experience of setting up my system in a new room or attending one of these events as an exhibiter.
Presumably when rooms get allocated I'll be able to see the layout and where I can place my equipment? I don't even have a spare HiFi rack at the moment.
Cheers Ady

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That's good to know as being a newbie I have no experience of setting up my system in a new room or attending one of these events as an exhibiter.
Presumably when rooms get allocated I'll be able to see the layout and where I can place my equipment? I don't even have a spare HiFi rack at the moment.
Cheers Ady
Ady,

Audionote always use the hotel tables to put their equipment on. Yes, you should get an idea of the size and layout of the room. It can be a nervous time but with these guys helping you should be able to get the best from your equipment and the room. No, they do not perform miracles but they have an enormous amount of experience of exhibitions.

I am sure you would, but people should remember that this is 'fun' for them and they are human (I think).

Reactions: robin and Tony_J

Ady

Shoebox Ady. United by a love of music & equipment
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ady,

Audionote always use the hotel tables to put their equipment on. Yes, you should get an idea of the size and layout of the room. It can be a nervous time but with these guys helping you should be able to get the best from your equipment and the room. No, they do not perform miracles but they have an enormous amount of experience of exhibitions.

I am sure you would, but people should remember that this is 'fun' for them and they are human (I think).
Thanks for that, yes I keep telling myself it's going to be fun and I'm sure it will be, it's just first time nerves 😁😁
Cheers Ady

Reactions: AndyCC72

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles