Underperforming idiot
Wammer Plus
Apr 10, 2022
Warwickshire
AKA
Ash
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Picked up a Heed Orbit to run my Rock. I was quite surprised at how much difference it has made. Brings out more in the mix, bass textures and timing in particular.

The improvement in resolution does however expose shortcomings elsewhere, tracking shortcomings / worn records in particular. Next up is a cartridge upgrade!

1701633605457.jpeg
Here it is getting to grips with Massive Attack’s Mezzanine.

timster

Linnguist
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Wiltshire, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Very good WAF imo (even though I live alone 😅). They're KEF LS60W. I definitely think full actives are hard to beat from a value for money POV. Downside is more they're more likely to go wrong and you would then have to return the whole thing!
Love the look. A man of impeccable taste. But what source?

timster

Linnguist
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Wiltshire, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think it is the way the industry is going tbh. They work nicely with the TV too - come on automatically when you turn the TV on.
Is it KEF designed or outsourced do you know? KEF are speaker designers after all, not HiFi makers per se. Decent DAC and clocking? I'd like to know these things myself ;)

MusicMan76

Just do what you know to be right!
Wammer Plus
Mar 1, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think it is the way the industry is going tbh. They work nicely with the TV too - come on automatically when you turn the TV on.
Interesting - I have a full on 2ch set up and use Sonos Arc, dual Sub Gen 3 and Era 100 as rears. Having had KEF in past I'd consider going to a system that did movies and music IF I could get KEF wireless rears and a couple of KEF wireless subs to rival Sonos in terms of functionality and options.....

RafaFed

Wammer
Feb 1, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is it KEF designed or outsourced do you know? KEF are speaker designers after all, not HiFi makers per se. Decent DAC and clocking? I'd like to know these things myself ;)
I'm not sure actually, I thought it was all done in house but may be mistaken.

RafaFed

Wammer
Feb 1, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Interesting - I have a full on 2ch set up and use Sonos Arc, dual Sub Gen 3 and Era 100 as rears. Having had KEF in past I'd consider going to a system that did movies and music IF I could get KEF wireless rears and a couple of KEF wireless subs to rival Sonos in terms of functionality and options.....
I'm sure that will be possible in the not too distant future. I only use 2 channel for movies.

wainwj

Wammer
Wammer
May 7, 2014
I didn't think it did, and their website doesn't list it. Says it has AUX and Optical only? If it does I'll get a used one as they're going for about £60
Pretty sure that's how I used it into my Norma 140 amp. Which has an inbuilt DAC that only has one input, USB.
Neither being used at the moment. They are currently both stored away carefully on a shelf. I will double check and confirm for you, if no-one else chips in definitively in the meantime.

• Thanks
Reactions: bullinachinashop

Linear

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 7, 2022
Lancashire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wiim Mini has analogue jack plug out and digital optical out. The optical goes up to 192khz PCM. Optical works great, never tried the analogue.

chris

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
leics, ,
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Current system, lots of old stuff as music was better in the 19XX's so the equipment must have been as well?

1701532762764.png

Sony PS-6750 with original oil filled mat & 2 head shells Goldring 1042 in one Entre Ec1 in the other.
Alexa.. used as an Internet tuner.. works brilliantly.
Technics SU-C1010 Pre Amp with battery powered option
Marantz CD7300.. ( Ive also got a highly modded CD94 that needs to be fixed)
Little dot 2 headphone amp, & Musicman Cans
MSMI SU-8 Dac
Amazon fire for Amazon Music streaming.
Pair of Analogue Audio Donezetti Power amps
Jungson JA88D.. Integrated amp ( early version 30Kg+ and a bit noisy, suspect a cap is going)
Finally in the garage a Cambridge Audio 640P having its Caps and Op-amps changed.
Speakers are Medowlark Blue Heron 2's
Someone else on here with Meadowlark Blue Heron 2. I bought mine new in 2004 and still have them.

Reactions: martin_b

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online