Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was at one of the Earls Court shows of The Wall. Several roadies quit during planning because they couldn't follow instructions once the wall was being built.

tricky1

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 2, 2007
nr Milton Keynes
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So then, ‘moving the speakers forward’ actually means moving them closer to the wall behind them? ;)
No, because in this case, you are moving them from the perspective of the speaker. If someone told you they moved a car forward, regardless of which way it's facing, you know that can only mean in one direction. 🙂

Jazid

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2009
London
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm glad MartinC has now helped to clarify this piffling persective puzzle to everyone's satisfaction (y)

On to "ground" and "earth" now?

• Haha
Reactions: Nopiano

jkbmusic

Staff member
Nov 25, 2006
Brittunculi
AKA
Jeff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I was at one of the Earls Court shows of The Wall. Several roadies quit during planning because they couldn't follow instructions once the wall was being built.
Possibly because they didn’t know their left from their right.🤔

AJSki2fly

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 1, 2018
East Devon
AKA
Adrian
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
My OH will say something is at the front of the car boot when that something is at the back.
She refers to the boot in relation to the car front.
I refer to the boot as you look at it.

So the boot front is the back of the car.
I am correct of course.

If it is a Tesla then the boot at the 'Front end', for clarity that is the end you look over when sat in the driving seat of the car, is call the 'Frunk', and the boot at the rear end, again for clarity its that end of the vehicle with the red lights on it, is called the 'Trunk'.

To me that makes not sense, as we all know a Trunk is always on the from end of an elephant. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

By the way I am a Tesla owner, and yea we do have a sense of humour, at least occasionally. :cool:

toms wait

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2015
Lancaster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If it is a Tesla then the boot at the 'Front end', for clarity that is the end you look over when sat in the driving seat of the car, is call the 'Frunk', and the boot at the rear end, again for clarity its that end of the vehicle with the red lights on it, is called the 'Trunk'.

To me that makes not sense, as we all know a Trunk is always on the from end of an elephant. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

By the way I am a Tesla owner, and yea we do have a sense of humour, at least occasionally. :cool:
this is in general a reference to any car we have or have had which doesn't include Tesla

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles