Where to get a vinyl record coated in Platinum ?

Southeastern

The '59 Sound
Wammer
Nov 26, 2019
South East
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am making a special thing for my gf's 40th, and I want to get a 45 record coated in platinum (electroplated)

I've had it done before but the person who did it is no longer alive sadly and I can't find anyone else who can do it.

Does anyone know anyone who can do this for me?

Last edited:

Southeastern

The '59 Sound
Wammer
Nov 26, 2019
South East
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Can you not just spray it?

Yes, and I have tried that before, and the effect is pretty rubbish partly as you have to use plastiser first which pretty much flattens the record and looks pony no matter how good the paint finish is.

Also, theres a reason for having it done in platinum.

tackleberry

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 28, 2010
Leeds..ish
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Yes, and I have tried that before, and the effect is pretty rubbish partly as you have to use plastiser first which pretty much flattens the record and looks pony no matter how good the paint finish is.

Also, theres a reason for having it done in platinum.
Yes, I understand the reason bud. I’ve sprayed them before and they came of pretty damn good.

Good luck with the search.

Reactions: Southeastern

Le Baron

Fully exonerated
Wammer
Oct 18, 2020
Pays-Bas
AKA
Jean-Marc
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Why would I be burning it?

1. Its for a gift to someone special
2. The last one cost me £50
I don't think you would actually be burning it.

The last one? If you've done one before how come you don't know where to get it?

Le Baron

Fully exonerated
Wammer
Oct 18, 2020
Pays-Bas
AKA
Jean-Marc
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You clearly havent even read my opening post and by not doing so and wasting time on dickish comments you've made yourself look like a bit of a tit. lol.
I had read it, but didn't retain that information. Sorry about that. I see it as my fault for reacting to a thread I find strange. Covering a record in platinum is an unusual/first-world problem thing to want to do. I also have a search engine on my browser where I can type 'platinum coating on plastics', which is what Lurch did I will assume.

Southeastern

The '59 Sound
Wammer
Nov 26, 2019
South East
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And quite frankly so have you by reacting in such a way and using inappropriate comments

Lol, I havent in the slightest.

I had read it, but didn't retain that information. Sorry about that. I see it as my fault for reacting to a thread I find strange. Covering a record in platinum is an unusual/first-world problem thing to want to do. I also have a search engine on my browser where I can type 'platinum coating on plastics', which is what Lurch did I will assume.

Lol, quoting first world problems on a Hifi forum...little bit rich.

Glad you have managed to help the actual query/question so well. Your contribution has been wonderful. powerful and I feel blessed to have received such insightful knowledge.

However, being that I made that bit up, still looking for advice to get this done.

Reactions: Batman and Le Baron

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You clearly havent even read my opening post and by not doing so and wasting time on dickish comments you've made yourself look like a bit of a tit. lol.
It’s not about the money is it mate. The thought your putting in to it that counts.
Although I haven’t done what your doing, I did find a special record in my parents collection and it was a song my dad use to sing to my sister when she was young. It’s now framed and protected with clear lacquer on her wall. Made a great birthday present 👍🏻

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles