Linn Owners

Where would a Utopik Upgrade make the most impact?

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If you only have funds for one Utopik upgrade would you upgrade the System Hub (in my case an Accurate DSM) or the Exaktbox (a Katalyst 10)? Which will have the most impact?
I have thought about the same question as well.

At the moment, I have several Linn products that could use the Utopik, if and when it becomes available for them. This includes the Klimax DSM/3 Hub, Akurate Exaktbox 6 for which there are now Utopik upgrades available

I decided to get the Utopik for my Klimax DSM/3 Hub as everything in my system channels through the Hub, so I should realize improvements for my audio and video components plugged into the Hub. I did order the new Utopik for my Hub last week

At some point, Linn may release Utopik for my Akurate Exaktbox I and my Akubariks. So at that point, my priority will be the Akubariks, then I'll look at the Exaktboxes

HIGHWAY61

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The source is the mixing desk in the studio. Unless that has Utopik it will never sound as good as it could do in your home. The OCD Audiophile will never be getting the FULL potential of their system and will thus never be at peace.

• Haha
Reactions: Seriousjon

maddog_007

maddog_007
Wammer
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just currently running in the new Utopik. Went into my KDS/O....first impressions are very good much more of a "3D" soundstage where individual instruments sound close miked Bass is fuller.. Playing Steely Dan's Can't Buy a Thrill via Qobuz thru and it's sounding excellent.

Last edited:

36 hours

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 2, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In the imagination of the user who did the upgrade without a full before & after evaluation, which in turn feeds the remorse suppression of other users.

Worst it provokes another “should I buy a used Space Shuttle or upgrade my LK1?” thread, where we can read yet another summary of the user’s kit, along with how they’d fit the Shuttle into their rack if only it came in blue.

• Cat
Reactions: Ray Vardy

extremeride22

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Nov 17, 2021
Toronto
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just currently running in the new Utopik. Went into my KDS/O....first impressions are very good much more of a "3D" soundstage where individual instruments sound close miked Bass is fuller.. Playing Steely Dan's Can't Buy a Thrill via Qobuz thru and it's sounding excellent.
Love Steely Dan and truly happy to hear that the upgrade was that significant looking forward to hearing it on my ASH in a couple of months.🤞🤞

BSharp

Wammer
Dec 15, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for your report. I am planning a KDS/0 update also. Have you previously done or concurrrently added the Organik upgrade also?

Sound Hound

Wammer
Jan 17, 2019
AKA
Not Actually Canine
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anything closest to source first.
Absolutely - I've done many upgrades over the years, but honestly, adding Utopik to my "hub" is by far the best upgrade I've made - it's transformerd my system beyond my wildest expectations. Apologies if I'm sounding like paulssurround, but Utopik is no small upgrade, at least not to my kloth ears.

kryno

Nicolav
Wammer
Oct 22, 2018
AKA
Nicola
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If you only have funds for one Utopik upgrade would you upgrade the System Hub (in my case an Accurate DSM) or the Exaktbox (a Katalyst 10)? Which will have the most impact?
Without question, the system hub and then, once it's available, the Exaktbox.
I'm sorry, but it's also available for Akurate Exaktbox, but the concept remains the same.

Ray Vardy

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Nov 18, 2018
Planet Earth
raysplace.com
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nah, your all wrong 😬 my Hub is doing nowt but stream Qobuz, surely my old dog of a MEB-i which has dacs and 8 channels of amplification would be more greatful for the upgrade than the Hub 😬

And,whatever you say I can't be proved wrong currently! 😂

Reactions: Jail4CEOs2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online