Which amplifier for Living Voice R25A's?

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So, putting my hand up for first dibs on the old one if it becomes surplus to requirements 🙋‍♂️
I think, knowing Richard, it wouldn't be a hand, but a fist clenching 6" nails and broken glass that you'll be putting up his place where the sun don't shine, to have even a tiny smidgen of a chance of him releasing it into the wild. 🤣😂😂😂😂

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There are in fact two reasons I wouldn't part with mine. The first is that it's taken a lot of work, money, time and components to get it sounding like it does. I can't seriously see it ever not being at worst a serious backup here, but as it stands, the only things that have shifted it from prime position have been review stuff that's not in my 'justifiable spend' category.

The second, more realistically, is that all the internals are on the basis that I've done them as experimenting towards an eventual separate build. Even then, I'd most likely use it for parts, as the transformers are perfect and decent. It's been ridiculously reliable, but I wouldn't want it floating around with other people in future sticking fingers inside it, because while I know what I've done, others may not. Seeing as there's 1300 volts of raw DC in there, it makes sense to keep it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles