Which Chord Co IC

Sir_Franc

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 10, 2005
5,318
1,528
158
East Sussex
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
How much are you willing to spend?

The signiture cost £500, sounds good, but isn't the most flexable cable around which can be a worry when trying to install on a system mounted close to a wall.

 

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
24,223
1,357
208
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Are you seriously proposing to connect a £600 amp to a £600 CD player with a £500 wire?
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif


 

dudywoxer

Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
10,281
1,271
0
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I use chord cobra £60.00 for a 1m set and am happy with them.

 

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
6,807
1,456
158
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I use Chameleon for looping thorugh my three power amps, and also use Rumour II for the speakers.

Very happy with the cables, originally bought as a stop gap but have stayed in place and aren't going anywhere.

and you can't complain about a cable company who supplies the Villa with Signature cables in the clubs colours - I want some now.

 

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
24,223
1,357
208
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
dudywoxer wrote:

I use chord cobra £60.00 for a 1m set and am happy with them.
When I first bought my Cyrus kit the nice man in Audio-T talked me into one of these. Later I tested it back-to-back with a £6 one from cable universe, and couldn't tell any difference.
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif


I sold the Cobra.....

The cheapest thing that I've been able to hear as "better" than the £6 cheapie is a £95 KK Sterling.

 

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
9,074
15
0
I used Silver Siren & Chameleon Silver 2 )or is it plus?) twixt the 3010 CDP & amp: Chameleon is, IMO, noticeably better & worth the money.

However, I'd check out Effem's goods, as Sterling 2 is faaaaar better, but that is with the Krell amp in place. That said, it sounded excellent with Anthony's Rega Apollo.

Boxer

 

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
4,963
73
93
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
boxer wrote:

I used Silver Siren & Chameleon Silver 2 )or is it plus?) twixt the 3010 CDP & amp: Chameleon is, IMO, noticeably better & worth the money.However, I'd check out Effem's goods, as Sterling 2 is faaaaar better, but that is with the Krell amp in place. That said, it sounded excellent with Anthony's Rega Apollo.

Boxer
My story is almost the same as Boxers, try a chameleon 2, or Effems equivilant, his should offer better value i reckon.

 

dudywoxer

Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
10,281
1,271
0
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
meninblack wrote:

dudywoxer wrote:
I use chord cobra £60.00 for a 1m set and am happy with them.
When I first bought my Cyrus kit the nice man in Audio-T talked me into one of these. Later I tested it back-to-back with a £6 one from cable universe, and couldn't tell any difference.
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif


I sold the Cobra.....

The cheapest thing that I've been able to hear as "better" than the £6 cheapie is a £95 KK Sterling.
strange, I can- I also feel that 20% of the cost of the CDP is a bit much for a length of cable. I can also hear what silver interconnects do, and do not like it.

 

dudywoxer

Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
10,281
1,271
0
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
andi wrote:

I can also hear what silver interconnects do, and do not like it.
Don't think they do anything other than let you hear what the rest of the system is doing.
Ive heard them in a couple of systems- I just thought they seemed more about hi fi than music.

 

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
9,025
5,242
158
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
roll_with_it wrote:

cheers guys. I already have a decent silver IC.
Solid silver (like Effem's) or silver plated? They're different beasts.

 

Forum statistics

Threads
109,190
Messages
2,314,133
Members
69,422
Latest member
Creedy