Who’s looking forward to Kegworth?

Spider

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Mar 30, 2015
Chesterfield
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
With just a couple of weeks to go and I’m starting to look forward to this years show.

I’m making my plans on what to take and trying to decide how best to show my kit.

Filling boxes with vinyl and cables, door posters and tool box.

Is anyone else looking forward to a great weekend of seeing friends, playing music and celebrating our hobby/addiction. 

Reactions: raphaelsamad

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No. It’s going to be dreadful. It’s my first time exhibiting. I’ll head up north to collect my vintage Pioneer kit and try not to break it on the journey to Kegworth. I’ll set it up in a room and it won’t sound very “hifi” but will sound very 1990. No-one will like it. I will sit in a lonely hotel room sobbing to the sound of laughter and applause from other rooms. I will then quietly pack my kit into my car and slope off home, feeling dejected and muttering to myself “never again”.
Is that the sort of thing you meant?

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
It was great last year. Different kit for me this time: the Nakamichi amps have gone so the box count has been reduced. Bringing the Yams too instead of the JBL'S.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new venue too.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After doing Harrogate I know this one will be very different and what I am showing is not likely to blow anyone away but I am really looking forward to this.

Firstly I hope to get to meet and talk to many of the people on the site who have alwasy been helpful is a little scathing. Secondly it will be great to have people around who actually know what the hell i am talking about when I mention equipment and set up and problems and being caught up up with tweeking.

Lastly and most important to me I hope to get to hear some music I have never heard before and find some more artists I can buy and add to my collection .

bohemian

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2008
London uk
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After doing Harrogate I know this one will be very different and what I am showing is not likely to blow anyone away but I am really looking forward to this.

Firstly I hope to get to meet and talk to many of the people on the site who have alwasy been helpful is a little scathing. Secondly it will be great to have people around who actually know what the hell i am talking about when I mention equipment and set up and problems and being caught up up with tweeking.

Lastly and most important to me I hope to get to hear some music I have never heard before and find some more artists I can buy and add to my collection .
First: I agree.

Second: That let's me out, then.

Third: Me too.

clivers

Wammer
New Wammer
Jul 14, 2009
, ,
Looking forward to visiting from Ireland and combining it with my other passion of motorcycles. We’ve an early start to catch the ferry across. Hoping to hear some great tunes, interesting gear and meet a few of you all in the process

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looking forward to showing this year in the new venue, although I had just about mastered Scalford, after 5 years exhibiting there. So here's to a new challenge.

Always enjoy meeting up with friends, who you only get to meet once or twice a year. Only a small system this year, but hopefully a big sound.

Here's to making it a success.

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I'm not exhibiting this year, so hopefully will be able to get round and see all the rooms for once. :D

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No. It’s going to be dreadful. It’s my first time exhibiting. I’ll head up north to collect my vintage Pioneer kit and try not to break it on the journey to Kegworth. I’ll set it up in a room and it won’t sound very “hifi” but will sound very 1990. No-one will like it. I will sit in a lonely hotel room sobbing to the sound of laughter and applause from other rooms. I will then quietly pack my kit into my car and slope off home, feeling dejected and muttering to myself “never again”.
Is that the sort of thing you meant?
Can anyone tell me where to find a tongue-in-cheek emoji?

I am of course excited at the prospect of my first Wam outing. As in day trip, not as in gay, obviously.

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Can anyone tell me where to find a tongue-in-cheek emoji?

I am of course excited at the prospect of my first Wam outing. As in day trip, not as in gay, obviously.
We all take you terribly seriously Nigel... :dunno:

• Haha
Reactions: greybeard

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
With just a couple of weeks to go and I’m starting to look forward to this years show.

I’m making my plans on what to take and trying to decide how best to show my kit.

Filling boxes with vinyl and cables, door posters and tool box.

Is anyone else looking forward to a great weekend of seeing friends, playing music and celebrating our hobby/addiction. 
Tim, beyond belief mate, with a very different system this time!! Hopefully my room mate this year will not have a hangover   :whistle:  and I can get round rooms, obviously being rude about music choice to anyone that I know well 

I hope between us we manage to get some rooms running on Saturday night (lacking syndicate rooms obviously) as that is the  best bit, we will try  in 117 as my speakers are tiny, however the 2x amps are not small so might need the aircon on and the door open  :D

• Haha
Reactions: Spider and Tony_J
G

I'm really looking forward to it as a punter this year, I think it's only the 2nd time as a punter since the thing began if i remember rightly!

It'll be different for sure, but nice to meet up with old and new friends  :^ .

bandit pilot

Comfortably Numb
Staff member
Jul 19, 2007
North Nott's
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hopefully my room mate this year will not have a hangover
I drink maybe 2/3 times a year if that. Good company and good music bring out the worst in me. :D

Looking forward to the show for many reasons. It'll be interesting to see how different the setups sound now all the rooms are the same.

• Upvote
Reactions: Spider

Spider

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Mar 30, 2015
Chesterfield
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I hope between us we manage to get some rooms running on Saturday night (lacking syndicate rooms obviously) as that is the  best bit, we will try  in 117 as my speakers are tiny, however the 2x amps are not small so might need the aircon on and the door open  :D
We’ll try our best to get something going for a while on Saturday night too. Can’t promise all evening as we want to get around and see a few people we’ve not seen for too long. You and your drinking partner being two of them.

Reactions: Maverick
G

I think for our tenth year the show is the people and not the venue . Wammers and a bar , the rest is all secondary  :pint:

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Gonna miss the valves and horns - unless I've missed something!
You might mean me - I ran a 5-way active horn system in Coleman at Scally several years ago. (And some of us know the Horn Brothers of yore have moved on).

However - all is not lost!

I think I have captured some of that magic of which you hint in my current set-up in Room 69: I chanced upon a pair of rearloaded DIY kit speakers named Jantzen TQWT a while back and have been working on a system to get the best out of them since . They are horns, they will be driven by a valve amp and they sound great. Make yourself known to me on the day, please. Room 69. Everyone can relate to that number.

Jack NSM

PS we intend opening late saturday night..

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online